Why A Gorilla In Britan?

Came across British Mack ads and am curious about no Dog but a Gorilla. Any one know why??

post-3242-0-81089300-1308163268_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-47979200-1308163285_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-14875600-1308163302_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Don't think that is the same company. The Mack brothers were out of the company by the 1930's.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...

Tom, you forgot the contrasting color coordinating and accessorizing diaper now sported by the gorilla. I got tired of cleaning up gorilla shit in the shop; just doesn't look professional.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Tom, you forgot the contrasting color coordinating and accessorizing diaper now sported by the gorilla. I got tired of cleaning up gorilla shit in the shop; just doesn't look professional.

Rob

Well Hell, Robs been holding out on me, didnt know he had a gorilla, might be a nice change from bear meat,,,randyp

• Like 1

A friend send me this info... You' re all correct. Paul

MACK Trucks(Great Britain)Ltd,Barking Essex.

The company was in business from 1952 to 1964,built freight lorries,mobile cranes and special vehicles. Apparently Mack GB had no connection with the North American Mack company.

Mack refurbished and modified ex- British War

Department military Mack NM 6x6 Lorries into Snowploughs,Heavy Recovery Vehicles,possibly Showmans Diesel Road Locomotives,etc. Some,if not all of them,were fitted with Leyland Super

Beaver/Super Hippo normal control cabs and a variety of AEC,Hercules,Leyland and Perkins diesel engines were fitted.But I think most of them were fitted with AEC 11.3,AV690,2AV690 and AV691 Diesel Engines and,in some cases,they were also fitted with AEC gearboxes.

Most excellent research and dissertation 41chevy!! randyp :clap:

Well Hell, Robs been holding out on me, didnt know he had a gorilla, might be a nice change from bear meat,,,randyp

Wait till you deal with a gorilla with PMS. You think the bear is bad, you ain't seen nothin yet.

Rob