It started with a search for an F model and ended with an R-700. That's fine by me, I love all Macks. Now I have somethoing to work on and who knows where it will go from here. Thanks Cliff for all your help, I wasn't home 10 minutes and my faithful side kick (Baxter) my Boston terrier jumped up in the cab and parked himself on the passenger seat. He must have stayed there at least 1 1/2 hours while I was talking to the neighbors. :mack1:

post-7609-0-02336600-1298765117_thumb.jp

post-7609-0-75047600-1298765130_thumb.jp

post-7609-0-19692200-1298765163_thumb.jp

post-7609-0-71823300-1298765185_thumb.jp

post-7609-0-67016500-1298765303_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the BUG!!!

Now I am jealous! Now you have a long hood and I don't have any! I do like the metal dash in the old R's and F's

Good luck with your new truck. Hope to meet you at some shows this summer.

Gregg

Long hood is good.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Bonnet for our friends in Oz. I always thought you would look better in a bonnet, Rob.

Would go nice with my "leather teddy".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hey Bob,congrats on the truck! sure looks like its in nice shape! guess i'm about the only one left now without a "hobby" truck! LOL! i figuered Cliff would point you in the right direction! real clean lookin' ex fire truck? I only met him a few times,i was just starting to be active in the South jersey ATHS chapter right before we moved down here,so i did'nt get much of a chance to make a lot of contacts,course i know damn near everybody in south jersey with a truck for some reason!...........again,great find,good luck with it!.................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Hopefully crotchless, to avoid aggravating the golf balls affliction.

Yes and the stategic use of "velcro" on the closure flap to avoid needing the "combover" to keep my ass warm.

Rob

Nice truck Southbound! Does it have the V8 in it still? There used to be one around here that looked like your truck. Not quite the same age, but just about the same color and originally built with a V8.

Yeah, she has the ENDT865.

Hey Bob,congrats on the truck! sure looks like its in nice shape! guess i'm about the only one left now without a "hobby" truck! LOL! i figuered Cliff would point you in the right direction! real clean lookin' ex fire truck? I only met him a few times,i was just starting to be active in the South jersey ATHS chapter right before we moved down here,so i did'nt get much of a chance to make a lot of contacts,course i know damn near everybody in south jersey with a truck for some reason!...........again,great find,good luck with it!.................Mark

Mark I think Cliff said it used to be a Mushroom Trans. truck. She ain't a show stopper but I'm as happy as a pig in shit!! All my friends and neighbors think I'm going back on the road, I said no this is just for fun! Some people collect Hummel figurines I collect Macks. :banana::banana:

Mark I think Cliff said it used to be a Mushroom Trans. truck. She ain't a show stopper but I'm as happy as a pig in shit!! All my friends and neighbors think I'm going back on the road, I said no this is just for fun! Some people collect Hummel figurines I collect Macks. :banana::banana:

Well,you only gotta'make one person happy right? looks pretty good from what i can see! i don't remember seeing any mushroom trucks with V-8's mostly R- U-models 237's and some with the "300 plus" years ago they had a terminal over in West chester,PA next to AAA,they had HUNDREDS of B and R-models sitting around for sale,for years,that at the time coulda been bought CHEAP! hindsights 20/20 right? LOL!.....Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Nice truck. If that is the R700 that Cliff bought at Macungie a few years ago is was a Doehler truck from Pottstown, PA. I believe it is a 1972 and Doehler bought it new. Harold Reinert bought several of their trucks in the 1980's. He sold this one to Henry Bealer of Pottstown who used it to pull a lowboy and a cat loader for his excavating business. He used it for quite a few years before selling it to an excavator in Parkerford, PA. That guy only had it about 4 years until he sold it to Cliff at Macungie about 4 or 5 years ago. As far as I know it was the original V8 when Cliff got it. It had some engine trouble when Cliff got it, but I think he fixed it and did not replace it.

On a different note, I am really jealous about Doug's new B model.

Michael Yarnall

Don't tell Baxter that is a Bulldog on the hood. You obviously have a good buddy there, no need to damage his ego.You know he thinks it is a Boston Terrier!!!!!!!!

LOL! I won't tell him unless of course he asks!

Nice truck. If that is the R700 that Cliff bought at Macungie a few years ago is was a Doehler truck from Pottstown, PA. I believe it is a 1972 and Doehler bought it new. Harold Reinert bought several of their trucks in the 1980's. He sold this one to Henry Bealer of Pottstown who used it to pull a lowboy and a cat loader for his excavating business. He used it for quite a few years before selling it to an excavator in Parkerford, PA. That guy only had it about 4 years until he sold it to Cliff at Macungie about 4 or 5 years ago. As far as I know it was the original V8 when Cliff got it. It had some engine trouble when Cliff got it, but I think he fixed it and did not replace it.

On a different note, I am really jealous about Doug's new B model.

Michael Yarnall

Thanks, I thought Cliff said it was a Mushroom truck but maybe I was mixed up with the F model day cab he's got? He did replace the engine, he had some major issues with the one that was in it. I'm having fun with it and I think it's a good starter truck for me.