I was home for a change,and got to watch the new program,just like most truck shows,all petes and KW's so nothing much of interest to me! only comment i would make,is MAN! that guy that hosts it,should maybe cut down on the caffeine/drugs a little! NOBODY gets that excited over a cabover KW! LOL!.......Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

give it a chance... one of "our very own" is trying to get this show off the ground. I think it will do good if they can keep the public intrested. I do think the guy hosting is a little hyper but he at least has the ability to communicate "our" intrests to the genral public.

Personaly I would like to see more specific details such as a in cab ride of what its like to back into a hard spot in traffic. or what its like to get cought at a red light when you just got cut off by a car. Something that shows how hard it really is to drive a truck. If you can get these shots in a movie truck it just shows what real truckers have to deal with. I did like the comments about how the EPA is killing everthing and how much it has hurt trucking.

just my .02 hope it will continue.

give it a chance... one of "our very own" is trying to get this show off the ground. I think it will do good if they can keep the public intrested. I do think the guy hosting is a little hyper but he at least has the ability to communicate "our" intrests to the genral public.

Personaly I would like to see more specific details such as a in cab ride of what its like to back into a hard spot in traffic. or what its like to get cought at a red light when you just got cut off by a car. Something that shows how hard it really is to drive a truck. If you can get these shots in a movie truck it just shows what real truckers have to deal with. I did like the comments about how the EPA is killing everthing and how much it has hurt trucking.

Hey Trent,if they want to see whats its like to back into a hard spot against traffic,or drag a 53' through NYC,maybe they can arrange a ride-along with me !LOL! cant say for sure anything i say wont get "bleeped" for TV though! i agree,if the general motoring public was better educated on how to drive around a truck,the roads would be a much safer place for everyone! sad thing is,its not just the cars anymore! sorry to say,but i see just as many assholes in trucks as i do "4 wheelers" anymore! i liked some of the things the show had,i wish they'd have spent a little more time with the owner of that Bullnose KW,seemed like a pretty interesting guy!...............Mark

Hey Trent,if they want to see whats its like to back into a hard spot against traffic,or drag a 53' through NYC,maybe they can arrange a ride-along with me...............Mark

I imagine that would be a pretty colorful ride-along!

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

I had a car try cutting me off the other day....cost him his rear view mirror. B)

I was in the left turn lane waiting in a line of traffic, easing up towards the intersection along with the cars ahead of me. This knucklehead must have thought he was better than everyone else and shouldn't have to wait in line like everyone else to make his left, so he tried muscling his little Ford Focus in line ahead of me. Only problem was, I couldn't see him because he was in the lane to my right (the go-straight-or-turn-right lane) and I had a big'ol hood blocking my view of him.

Long story short, when the car ahead of me made their left, this little gray car whips in front of me and stops blocking BOTH lanes....his rear view mirror dangling by the wires. :blink:

He gets out, wanting to exchange insurance information.

I told him there ain't no way in f***ing hell I'm giving him my g** d**** insurance information because MY insurance ain't paying for HIS f***ing stupidity.

He kept saying that "we should exchange insurance information" and I kept refusing, asking him what the F*** he was thinking driving his car into the side of my truck like that.

"I needed to turn left"

Well then you should have been in the left turn lane like every-f***ing-body else. Go straight and turn around to make a right...or go around the f***ing block....or wait patiently for someone to LET your dumb a** in....but DO NOT try to f***ing force your way in front of a g** d*** truck who can't see your tiny little piece of s*** car over the big-a** f***ing hood.

Then he was back to "we should probably exchange insurance information".

No way in f***ing hell am I giving you my g** d*** insurance information because my f***ing insurance ain't paying for that s***.

Like a broken record, he asked again for my insurance.

I told him if he wanted my insurance info, we'll get the cops out here. They'll write you a f***ing ticket for improper lane usage, and I'll be more than willing to give THEM my proof of insurance....but the ONLY way he was getting my f***ing insurance information would be through the police.

"I don't think we need the police out here, but we should still exchange insurance information."

:pat:

I walked over to my truck and grabbed my cell phone. When I started thumbing through the contact list, he went to talk to his female passenger. About the time I found the Chief of Police's cell number (his mom used to live next door to me....I bought that house off him after she passed away) in my phone and hit the "call" button, the knucklehead in the car came back to say "She says she'll just pay for it."

I guess it was her car he wrecked.

Anyway, as the police chief's phone was ringing, the knucklehead got back in the car and drove away from the scene.

I told the top cop what had happened...he asked if there was any damage to my truck.

Not even a scuff.

Don't worry about it then. B)

Stupid people piss me off. :angry: Wouldda been great TV, though, 'cept for the fact that not much coming out of my mouth would have been able to be left unbleeped. :pat:

Got my point across, though... :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I had a car try cutting me off the other day....cost him his rear view mirror. B)

I was in the left turn lane waiting in a line of traffic, easing up towards the intersection along with the cars ahead of me. This knucklehead must have thought he was better than everyone else and shouldn't have to wait in line like everyone else to make his left, so he tried muscling his little Ford Focus in line ahead of me. Only problem was, I couldn't see him because he was in the lane to my right (the go-straight-or-turn-right lane) and I had a big'ol hood blocking my view of him.

Long story short, when the car ahead of me made their left, this little gray car whips in front of me and stops blocking BOTH lanes....his rear view mirror dangling by the wires. :blink:

I told him there ain't no way in f***ing hell I'm giving him my g** d**** insurance information because MY insurance ain't paying for HIS f***ing stupidity.

He kept saying that "we should exchange insurance information" and I kept refusing, asking him what the F*** he was thinking driving his car into the side of my truck like that.

"I needed to turn left"

Well then you should have been in the left turn lane like every-f***ing-body else. Go straight and turn around to make a right...or go around the f***ing block....or wait patiently for someone to LET your dumb a** in....but DO NOT try to f***ing force your way in front of a g** d*** truck who can't see your tiny little piece of s*** car over the big-a** f***ing hood.

No way in f***ing hell am I giving you my g** d*** insurance information because my f***ing insurance ain't paying for that s***.

I told him if he wanted my insurance info, we'll get the cops out here. They'll write you a f***ing ticket for improper lane usage, and I'll be more than willing to give THEM my proof of insurance....but the ONLY way he was getting my f***ing insurance information would be through the police.

"I don't think we need the police out here, but we should still exchange insurance information."

I walked over to my truck and grabbed my cell phone. When I started thumbing through the contact list, he went to talk to his female passenger. About the time I found the Chief of Police's cell number (his mom used to live next door to me....I bought that house off him after she passed away) in my phone and hit the "call" button, the knucklehead in the car came back to say "She says she'll just pay for it."

Anyway, as the police chief's phone was ringing, the knucklehead got back in the car and drove away from the scene.

I told the top cop what had happened...he asked if there was any damage to my truck.

Not even a scuff.

Stupid people piss me off. :angry: Wouldda been great TV, though, 'cept for the fact that not much coming out of my mouth would have been able to be left unbleeped. :pat:

Gah! You should've scuffed your truck a bit, told the cop there was 'damage' and then gotten that douchebag a leaving the scene of an accident ticket!@!!! Think man think!!

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Gah! You should've scuffed your truck a bit, told the cop there was 'damage' and then gotten that douchebag a leaving the scene of an accident ticket!@!!! Think man think!!

'cept I had stopped at the store on the way home, so TECHNICALLY I was past the 14th hour....and so it really wouldn't have been good for me had the guy not left the scene.

That's one of the problems I have with the current rules. Under the old HOS, I would have been perfectly legal. With what we've got now, I have to choose between wasting time driving all of the way home, getting in my pickup, driving all of the way BACK to town to go to the store that I just drove past on my way home in the big truck.....or stopping on my way through town and running out of hours before I leave the store.

Anyone who thinks I'm going to shut down 15 miles from home and get a motel room for the night just because some arbitrary rule dreamed up by bureaucrats who have never seen the inside of a truck say I am "out of hours" is out of their flippin' mind. :angry:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

'cept I had stopped at the store on the way home, so TECHNICALLY I was past the 14th hour....and so it really wouldn't have been good for me had the guy not left the scene.

That's one of the problems I have with the current rules. Under the old HOS, I would have been perfectly legal. With what we've got now, I have to choose between wasting time driving all of the way home, getting in my pickup, driving all of the way BACK to town to go to the store that I just drove past on my way home in the big truck.....or stopping on my way through town and running out of hours before I leave the store.

Anyone who thinks I'm going to shut down 15 miles from home and get a motel room for the night just because some arbitrary rule dreamed up by bureaucrats who have never seen the inside of a truck say I am "out of hours" is out of their flippin' mind. :angry:

I don't know what a log book is.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Amen brother!..(bulldogman)

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Wonder why they do that stupid shit? They've got to pass a truck if they see one, even if they're getting off at the exit right in front of you. If the light's turning red they pass you and cut in front with inches to spare and then jump on the brakes to stop at the light. And I see more and more 4-wheelers riding around after dark with no lights on-wonder what's up with that?

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

"I needed to turn left"

Not even a scuff.

Why did'nt you just reach behind ya and grab the shotgun after the third time?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I wonder about my own sanity at times, especially this week after bringing home another truck. But Robb, the host of the show, made some good points about collecting and "rescuing" the old trucks. They are a part of history and it is a worthy pasttime. I also realized that guy is crazier than me, restoring a Ford W cabover... good luck finding parts for that one! I don't think there are too many left.

Gregg

The one i'm starting to see a lot lately is when you are gearing up to merge onto a highway,some waterhead in front of you will get almost to the end of the get-on ramp and STOP!!!!! (with a 1/4 mile merge lane,and clear traffic!) makes no sense to me,i think when i retire,i will open a "how to merge school"!.....Mark

The one i'm starting to see a lot lately is when you are gearing up to merge onto a highway,some waterhead in front of you will get almost to the end of the get-on ramp and STOP!!!!! (with a 1/4 mile merge lane,and clear traffic!) makes no sense to me,i think when i retire,i will open a "how to merge school"!.....Mark

People like that are unable to assess a situation quickly and make a judgement based on the information. Therefore, they have no business merging onto a highway in the first place.

My unscientific research also indicates that most idiotic behavior has some sort of electronic distractive device attached to it as well.

Gregg

I saw two things this week that made me laugh.. first was a truck that was making a right. 30mph, about 300' before his turn He put his right signal on. As he got close to his turn he moved over a little to the left so he could make his swing. Car behind him was going to Gun it past on his right but he swung right and the car slammed into his trailer tire/ICC bar. trucker did not even see it happen and kept going on his way. No damage to the trailer but the car had a F*&ed up bumper and hood from the ICC bar.

the other was last night. Driving down a 55mph 2 lane road last night when I see a firetruck heading my way with all 350+ of his bright LED lights flashing. I slow down and move right. pick up truck that was following about 1/8 mile behind me never slowed for the fire truck so after the fire truck passed me I just pulled back out infront of him (doing about 15 mph coming off the side of the road) That guys had some real good brakes and his horn was really loud almost as loud at that fire truck! I was going to ask him where he bought them but he seemed a little mad for some reason?