Happy Birthday Bollweevil

other dog

Hey James,happy birthday and happy new year!

Bet you've heard of creeces,eh? I was just remembering last new years,had black eyed peas and creeces,or creecy greens as some people call them, but nobody else had ever even heard of them.

I got black eyed peas with some smoked hog jowl in the crockpot now and a can of creeces. Not as good as cutting some yourself,but not bad either.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Bet you've heard of creeces,eh? I was just remembering last new years,had black eyed peas and creeces,or creecy greens as some people call them, but nobody else had ever even heard of them.

I got black eyed peas with some smoked hog jowl in the crockpot now and a can of creeces. Not as good as cutting some yourself,but not bad either.

Thanks guys. It is collard greens in my part of the world. I have a big pot of them coming off the stove now

Thanks guys. It is collard greens in my part of the world. I have a big pot of them coming off the stove now

Collard greens eh?

"I went out to the tool shed and got me one of them Kreg jig saws, and I sawed the bottom out of the outhouse". "Then I hid in the bushes and waited for this big collard green eatin bitch to go to the bafroom see". "Well along about 8:30, she comnence to goin to the bafroom, (I'm in the bushes lookin at her) she hobbled out, opened the door, went in, shut the door, and I heard a big splash"!

Richard Pryor, 1976.

Collard greens? Never have tried them but have always been fond.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Yes, Happy New Birthday Year James, have a good one. I know bout dem collards, uh huh, good stuff. randyp

I like collards,kale,mustard,and turnip greens-some people eat beet tops for greens,nocluejoe talked about polk salad-but still, nobody else ever had creeces?

aint never heard of "creeces", never even seen that word before, you not doing acid again are you? randyp :pat:

aint never heard of "creeces", never even seen that word before, you not doing acid again are you? randyp :pat:

Naw,that was yesterday. This is what the can looks like. The canned is not nearly as good as the ones you find growing around here and pick yourself,it has a lot of stems and stalks in it that are pretty tough.I've sowed them in the garden before,they grow flat on the ground and when they get big enough you take a knife and cut them off even with the ground.

Naw,that was yesterday. This is what the can looks like. The canned is not nearly as good as the ones you find growing around here and pick yourself,it has a lot of stems and stalks in it that are pretty tough.I've sowed them in the garden before,they grow flat on the ground and when they get big enough you take a knife and cut them off even with the ground.

I have heard of them before, in fact you talk about them every year about this time. I don't remember seeing them grow before, but I would not be against trying them.

I have heard of them before, in fact you talk about them every year about this time. I don't remember seeing them grow before, but I would not be against trying them.

I've been eating them all my life, they're my favorite green. I find it astonishing that no one else has ever had them. We'd go out and fill sacks up with them when I was a kid. Used to find them growing in corn fields a lot in the early spring. Hardest part was washing the dirt out after you got them. We'd pull the leafy part off the ends and cook them and throw the stems away- the cans I bought are full of stems.

I figured they probably grow in Georgia too- they're hard to find because they're so close to the ground, but by summer you can tell where they were because they go to seed and grow up tall then, and they'll have a yellow bloom on them and you see them all over the place.

I've bought the seeds at the hardware store before.

I've been eating them all my life, they're my favorite green. I find it astonishing that no one else has ever had them. We'd go out and fill sacks up with them when I was a kid. Used to find them growing in corn fields a lot in the early spring. Hardest part was washing the dirt out after you got them. We'd pull the leafy part off the ends and cook them and throw the stems away- the cans I bought are full of stems.

I figured they probably grow in Georgia too- they're hard to find because they're so close to the ground, but by summer you can tell where they were because they go to seed and grow up tall then, and they'll have a yellow bloom on them and you see them all over the place.

Dry land cress,,,hmmm,,,Hell, now your eating algae! I dont guess they grow here, never seen any of those, unless they do and they all get smoked up before I see them. randyp :chili:

The last dairy lagoon I dredged had a lot of those floating on water, if I do another one this summer I will fill a toesack up and mail it to you, oughta have a lot of protein in it, just hope you dont contract mastitis and have your tits swell up. randyp :wacko:

The last dairy lagoon I dredged had a lot of those floating on water, if I do another one this summer I will fill a toesack up and mail it to you, oughta have a lot of protein in it, just hope you dont contract mastitis and have your tits swell up. randyp :wacko:

It'll be dried up by then,maybe i'll roll it up and smoke it.

If you smoke that shit you may go from being reletively flat chested to a 54DD cup practically overnite. Fortuneately, I know they sell men's brassieres as I seen a guy climb out of a Peterbilt, (true) at a Hardee's restaurant wearing one. My daughter about fell out of her chair she was laughing so hard. This is also true.

My advice would be to leave that stuff alone.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Smokin.......how bout smokin sum craw-dads. Tha Clampets like em Jethro. Just got in tonight and had me some blackeyed peas and onions with cornbread. I'll probably be up all night cause someone put some old ham inside the peas. I still can taste the old meat.

If you smoke that shit you may go from being reletively flat chested to a 54DD cup practically overnite. Fortuneately, I know they sell men's brassieres as I seen a guy climb out of a Peterbilt, (true) at a Hardee's restaurant wearing one. My daughter about fell out of her chair she was laughing so hard. This is also true.

My advice would be to leave that stuff alone.

Rob

I would never smoke something Randy dug out of a pond, might be toxic aztec waste in there. I just didn't want him to think I was unappreciative of his efforts to send the pond scum.