Volvo Pickup

Mack 3P

"The VHD was created by the NRV team to add to the Volvo customer plant visit experience. The pick-up truck was built with restored Volvo parts, and powered with an EPA 2010-certified Volvo D13 engine and I-shift transmission. The five- seat truck showcases American craftsmanship while providing customers with the ability to experience Volvo truck comfort combined with ease of operation when utilizing the Volvo powertrain."

post-334-066725100 1289237265_thumb.jpg

Would have been cooler if it were a Mack.

"The VHD was created by the NRV team to add to the Volvo customer plant visit experience. The pick-up truck was built with restored Volvo parts, and powered with an EPA 2010-certified Volvo D13 engine and I-shift transmission. The five- seat truck showcases American craftsmanship while providing customers with the ability to experience Volvo truck comfort combined with ease of operation when utilizing the Volvo powertrain."

I have thought of doing this as you can get a 1999 CH612 for 7-9 grand, lower it and put a dooley bed on it.

This looks like an International chassis that was for sale at the local International dealership about a year and a half back. If it were a truck that was for sale commercially, or even if it was built with personal funds (and for all I know it possibly was, but I doubt it), it would be a different matter. Although I can appreciate the effort that went into making this "truck", it seems that some priorities at the corporate level need to be reassesed. As I understand it this truck was used to pick up corporate executives from their hotel for a recent meeting. Thank you Mack 3P for posting this picture. While I intend no disrespect, and though I am not privy to the internal working of the corporate mindset, it does seem that there are better uses for money and it does tend to make my blood boil a bit. I imagine the authorization to go ahead with this project went something like this: "Well, we're all out of policy money, but yeah, I think we can afford to make that pick-up truck we've been hankering for.".

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

it does seem that there are better uses for money and it does tend to make my blood boil a bit. I imagine the authorization to go ahead with this project went something like this: "Well, we're all out of policy money, but yeah, I think we can afford to make that pick-up truck we've been hankering for.".

It's a PR tool. Like advertizing, the money spent has unknown return - but there is *some* return on dollars spent.

My coworker's husband was involved, in some manner, in this project. I'll see if I can get some intel.

It's a PR tool. Like advertizing, the money spent has unknown return - but there is *some* return on dollars spent.

My coworker's husband was involved, in some manner, in this project. I'll see if I can get some intel.

I agree that it's a PR tool, I just think better PR would be gained if the money went towards supporting failed products. I don't mean to say that there is no support, just that a better job could be done. Basically I'm just being a curmudgeon, but I would be interested in any information that can be gleaned from someone who was involved in the project. Could be that I'm totally out of line on this one, thanks cfesting.

I agree that it's a PR tool, I just think better PR would be gained if the money went towards supporting failed products. I don't mean to say that there is no support, just that a better job could be done. Basically I'm just being a curmudgeon, but I would be interested in any information that can be gleaned from someone who was involved in the project. Could be that I'm totally out of line on this one, thanks cfesting.

I agree Rhasler, while Mack/Volvo says their broke and no money to help (policy/goodwill) a owner/operator who has bought an MP-8 and is on their 3 set of injector cups. Volvo show up with this rig, while I like it and it's cool, I too think Mack should use the money to help stand behind their product!

This looks like an International chassis that was for sale at the local International dealership about a year and a half back.

Inter-Navi-harvi-star does make a factory truck like that, so does Ford. The IH is on a 4300 chassis with 19.5 tires and a pickup bed. It is also offered as a 4X4. The Ford is based off of a 650 with 19.5's also. Most buyers use them to pull big 5th wheel rv's and horse trailers.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Inter-Navi-harvi-star does make a factory truck like that, so does Ford. The IH is on a 4300 chassis with 19.5 tires and a pickup bed. It is also offered as a 4X4. The Ford is based off of a 650 with 19.5's also. Most buyers use them to pull big 5th wheel rv's and horse trailers.

International is at least trying to make money with their truck, while volvo is just showing off.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks like an International chassis that was for sale at the local International dealership about a year and a half back. If it were a truck that was for sale commercially, or even if it was built with personal funds (and for all I know it possibly was, but I doubt it), it would be a different matter. Although I can appreciate the effort that went into making this "truck", it seems that some priorities at the corporate level need to be reassesed. As I understand it this truck was used to pick up corporate executives from their hotel for a recent meeting. Thank you Mack 3P for posting this picture. While I intend no disrespect, and though I am not privy to the internal working of the corporate mindset, it does seem that there are better uses for money and it does tend to make my blood boil a bit. I imagine the authorization to go ahead with this project went something like this: "Well, we're all out of policy money, but yeah, I think we can afford to make that pick-up truck we've been hankering for.".

I don't believe corporate had nothing to do with it. The factory workers came in on Saturday and Sunday to complete the job. BTW it's built on a L3 chassis that is representing as a VHD.

I don't believe corporate had nothing to do with it. The factory workers came in on Saturday and Sunday to complete the job. BTW it's built on a L3 chassis that is representing as a VHD.

I'm probably way off base with my previous comments. As I said, I really have no idea what went on to get this truck made, I just don't particularly care for it. I suppose maybe it has it's place though...

just 1 question why why why

I may be a bit jaded,but i don't like to see the words "american craftsmanship" and VO*VO used in the same paragraph! i do appreacieate the work and effort involved with building something like this,but personally think the time and money would have been better spent elsewhere............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 1 month later...