Look What Pulled Into Our Shop

I'm not really into graphics such as displayed and do not like the visor at all. To me the package just does not come together. The "Transtar's" really were one of my favorite cabovers too.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You and I must be out of touch, Rob. I don't much like any of the TRICK MY TRUCKS from the TV show. I rather like to see a practical vintage work truck.

Amen. Ain't nothing like "personal" touches that work.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You and I must be out of touch, Rob. I don't much like any of the TRICK MY TRUCKS from the TV show. I rather like to see a practical vintage work truck.

I'm with you guys on that one too. Most of the stuff on there is over the top. There's a fine line between too much crap and not enough...

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

I'm with you guys on that one too. Most of the stuff on there is over the top. There's a fine line between too much crap and not enough...

Anything that adds weight without also increasing functionality/ability to earn money gets tossed into the "too much crap" category for me. I couldn't care less what the truck looks like, as long as it brings in the money.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Anything that adds weight without also increasing functionality/ability to earn money gets tossed into the "too much crap" category for me. I couldn't care less what the truck looks like, as long as it brings in the money.

Others do like to take a little pride in their ride though...but don't like driving a ghetto sled...

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Others do like to take a little pride in their ride though...but don't like driving a ghetto sled...

Heck, I got LED tail lights on my truck....truck's gotta have tail lights, so they may as well work and look good....chrome bumpers look nice, too...and trucks gotta have bumpers (although I rather like the oilfield bumpers, myself) it's the other extra crap they like to add (like a fire hydrant on the catwalk to hold the air & electric) that are not necessary, serve no useful purpose, and add a crapload of extra weight that I don't care too much for.

FWIW, here's some more TMT pics for that COE...

http://www.cmt.com/pictures/trick-my-truck-dustin-stouts-nitro/1566254/2548328/photo.jhtml

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

it needs big tripod mirrors on the front. i think mark would agree

LMAO! i think the IH transtar is a classic truck,but i dont like the looks of this one at all! wwwwaaaayyy to much crap for my taste! did you ever see what trick my truck did to that B-model they had on the show? holy crap! they put a model train set in the sleeper! sometimes enough is enough! me personally,i always liked the "traditional" look on a truck,and i think the stock paint scheme on a transtar eagle was sharp. I do take a lot of pride in the appearance of my truck,and mine is no show truck by any means,but at least mine is not "goobered up" with all this aftermarket crap!.....Mark

post-5836-089477800 1283173878_thumb.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I wonder how much owner input goes into the trucks on that show. I don't think I could just hand over the keys to one of my trucks. I would have to open a can of WHOOP-ASS for the reveal at the end of the show...

I talked to the guys that had that raggedy-ass FLD freightliner done on the show a few years back (the one the painted like a fighter plane) they told me its a long drawn out process,you have to sign a release,you have NO input as to how the truck will look! thats up to the person who submitted it. I agree,i would'nt hand over my keys! especially with some of the crap they turn out!.....................Mark

• 3 months later...

Hey Rowdy

I'm gonna have to take personal offense to the fire hydrant comment. I have one on my Rawhide, unless mine is the one you are talking about? I have put alot of effort into my truck to make it stand out. I think I have succeeded. Showing up to the customer's plant with equipment that is well taken care of lets the customer know that you really care about service. It's also cool that people give your truck a second look as they go by on the highway.

Just my two cents worth

Fireman

I'm missing something. What is a fire hydrant on the catwalk to hold air and electric? I've never seen anything other than a "pogo stick" for this application.

Rob

I'm missing something. What is a fire hydrant on the catwalk to hold air and electric? I've never seen anything other than a "pogo stick" for this application.

Rob

That TV show "trick my truck" did a fire engine themed tractor (peterbilt i think) for a volunteer fireman/owner operator and they mounted an actual fire hydrant on the catwalk to hold the air and electric lines.....not the best idea i ever heard of,but what do i know?............Mark

That visor is a bit much but the paint is amazing.

I sharp paint job makes a truck, but the graphics are not my thing. I agree about the visor. The fiberglass oem visor makes those trucks just like they make an R model cab. I started to put one of those R model stainless steel visors on my Superliner years ago, but got talked out of it and I'm sure glad I did! I bought a cowcatcher instead, trying to protect my investment.

I would not give those Trick My Truck guys free rien over my truck either. My truck would be built to my spec, it's got to work for me. I've seen several of those trucks in the last year or two and all were falling apart and beat all to pieces.

post-199-029865100 1292855596_thumb.jpg

Trick my Truck did that fire hydrant deal. They tapped the caps to pipe thread and put the air lines and cord through the caps. When we did mine we took it a step farther (or too far over the top as some here might think) and put the lines and cord inside a real fire hose and attached it to the center big cap.

Rob

D52V5485-x365.jpg

D52V4949-x365.jpg

The air & electric were run up through the bottom of the hydrant. Air connects to the left and right side. Electric to the rear. :rolleyes: