Dammit:

Rob

Here I sit all broken hearted, first my radar shit, then it farted. Now I'm stuck working on it, rather than trucks I've started.

See, I'm a poet and didn't know it.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Y'all been having some serious storms roll thru the area lately. Is that whats causing radar problems?

BTW-since you work in weather related stuff, can you give any guidance on hurricane season?post-4436-002706500 1280363495_thumb.jpg

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I don't work in weather related radars although I have some processing capability in that arena. The commercial power bumps are what take equipment out, along with age of the equipment, and service life near three times design criteria.

Sorry, but am of no help in hurricane season predictions.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I don't work in weather related radars although I have some processing capability in that arena. The commercial power bumps are what take equipment out, along with age of the equipment, and service life near three times design criteria.

Sorry, but am of no help in hurricane season predictions.

Rob

what is it that you do exactly rob??

what is it that you do exactly rob??

I leech from public funding and trust calling it a paycheck every other Tuesday. Worked pretty good for a bit over 25 years now.

Actually I work for the Federal Aviation Admin. (FAA) doing maintenance and repairs on navigational radars and guidance equipment(s), airport landing lights, standby power generation systems, HVAC systems, and remote radio controls of many of the aforementioned items,

Finding that to not be fullfilling, I started an auto body shop in April, 1992. This I ran till July 1, 2007 placing the business on hiatus as it had served it's purpose of funding college educations for my wife, (Momma), son, and daughter. It was also becoming a grind. I still have the property, and everything in place to ramp up again; just not the motivation at this time. I suspect I'm just too old and fat to want to work all the time any longer.

It's a dull, boring life I live, but somebody's got to do it.

Rob

This past saturday night was a delight to have those airport runway and taxi lights. Me and the g/f had flown down to a 50's resturant at KMRC and coming back I used the push to talk switch on the controls to brighten the airport area. The radiation fog was everywhere and we were able to see much better when using this item the FAA provided for pilots.

mike :thumb:

When the hell do you find time to visit Ohio? :D

That is why we have enjoyed my "extended stay" whenever I visit.

Rob

This past saturday night was a delight to have those airport runway and taxi lights. Me and the g/f had flown down to a 50's resturant at KMRC and coming back I used the push to talk switch on the controls to brighten the airport area. The radiation fog was everywhere and we were able to see much better when using this item the FAA provided for pilots.

mike :thumb:

Yup, usually the VASI, REIL, MALS, MALSR systems are remote radio controlled depending on airport operating proceedure. Glide slope and localizers usually are not pilot selectable. The taxiway lamps and runway edge lighting is provided by the airport authorities. Three clicks brings on low intensity, five clicks medium, seven clicks high intensity through your voice microphone. Usually works well but needs calibration to ensure they work that way.

Rob

Three clicks brings on low intensity, five clicks medium, seven clicks high intensity through your voice microphone

Rob

And "Oh Shit" through your voice microphone brings the bright red flashing lights outta the little building on the side of the hanger..........LOL!!

Extended stays in Ohio? Ya, 15 minutes, on the fly, gotta run, thanks, see ya.................

So Mike, when ya coming up to CAK for a Sunday afternoon trip? Got enough luggage run in that 172 for a Mack rearend? LMAO!!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I leech from public funding and trust calling it a paycheck every other Tuesday. Worked pretty good for a bit over 25 years now.

Actually I work for the Federal Aviation Admin. (FAA) doing maintenance and repairs on navigational radars and guidance equipment(s), airport landing lights, standby power generation systems, HVAC systems, and remote radio controls of many of the aforementioned items,

Finding that to not be fullfilling, I started an auto body shop in April, 1992. This I ran till July 1, 2007 placing the business on hiatus as it had served it's purpose of funding college educations for my wife, (Momma), son, and daughter. It was also becoming a grind. I still have the property, and everything in place to ramp up again; just not the motivation at this time. I suspect I'm just too old and fat to want to work all the time any longer.

It's a dull, boring life I live, but somebody's got to do it.

Rob

would changing a rawhide from gray to white spark your intrest??????????????????????????????????

would changing a rawhide from gray to white spark your intrest??????????????????????????????????

Yeah, but to be honest most folks don't pay between $5000.00, and $6500.00 for a "casual" complete repaint . Typically there is some collision damage involved in the process and insurance companies offset the cost. I don't tape anything off unless it's either impossible to remove without damage, or would require a secondary operation, (more work=greater cost). As you know it gets expensive real quick to work on large trucks.

Rob

Yeah, but to be honest most folks don't pay between $5000.00, and $6500.00 for a "casual" complete repaint . Typically there is some collision damage involved in the process and insurance companies offset the cost. I don't tape anything off unless it's either impossible to remove without damage, or would require a secondary operation, (more work=greater cost). As you know it gets expensive real quick to work on large trucks.

Rob

that sounds like a fair price considering the work that is involved.

what do you think about masking door jams and such? so it would be easy for someone to return it to its original color.

that sounds like a fair price considering the work that is involved.

what do you think about masking door jams and such? so it would be easy for someone to return it to its original color.

I'm not familiar with the cab construction of a "CH" series as it is much newer than most large trucks I was accustomed to working with. Deleting jambs, or masking would depend on lines, visual appeal, base color etc. I've seen repaints when the jambs were skipped and they could be seen when the door was closed. Doesn't look good or professional, (my opinion). I always found it best to do a good job or leave it be as the reputation, and repeat patronage was important to me.

Rob

Here I sit all broken hearted, first my radar shit, then it farted. Now I'm stuck working on it, rather than trucks I've started.

See, I'm a poet and didn't know it.

Rob

sounds more like you were reading in the stall at some truckstop. here's another one-

here I sit with a broken heart,

took two pills and my truck won't start.

Just to show that i'm a true trucker,

i'll take two more and push that f*#@er!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

sounds more like you were reading in the stall at some truckstop. here's another one-

here I sit with a broken heart,

took two pills and my truck won't start.

Just to show that i'm a true trucker,

i'll take two more and push that f*#@er!

I always liked: "Flush twice, it's a long way to the kitchen".

Rob