I Was Thinking About You Guys

After seeing northwoodsrepair's post and Mark's pictures of the AB I though about this truck and thought you guys might like seeing it. While I was walking my dogs to the park this morning I snapped some pictures of it. At one point it belonged to our shop and was used as a picnic table during open houses. I believe it was a running truck until someone decided to "restore" it by tearing the engine apart and creating an unrecognizable jumble of parts. It was later sold to a man named Chip, who, as far as I know, still owns it. I remember this truck from when I was a wee lad but can't recall for sure when it was built. I want to say 1929 but I could be wrong. Hope you enjoy!

post-6084-030244000 1278343409_thumb.jpg

post-6084-043039500 1278343437_thumb.jpg

post-6084-005030800 1278343465_thumb.jpg

post-6084-021776400 1278343495_thumb.jpg

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

After seeing northwoodsrepair's post and Mark's pictures of the AB I though about this truck and thought you guys might like seeing it. While I was walking my dogs to the park this morning I snapped some pictures of it. At one point it belonged to our shop and was used as a picnic table during open houses. I believe it was a running truck until someone decided to "restore" it by tearing the engine apart and creating an unrecognizable jumble of parts. It was later sold to a man named Chip, who, as far as I know, still owns it. I remember this truck from when I was a wee lad but can't recall for sure when it was built. I want to say 1929 but I could be wrong. Hope you enjoy!

post-6084-030244000 1278343409_thumb.jpg

post-6084-043039500 1278343437_thumb.jpg

post-6084-005030800 1278343465_thumb.jpg

post-6084-021776400 1278343495_thumb.jpg

Most likely the middle to late 20's to early 30's. It is a model "AB".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

NICE!!!!!! I love the AB Macks. My favorite is the early B series. The BM is a good looking truck. Rob,,,, I know that your idea of a good bm is different than a Mack BM. I woul rather have a Mack BM in my driveway than a Rob bm. :D

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Yup surely an AB,late 20's early 30's, that looks to be a good candidate for a restoration, mostly complete, shame to see a "good" one sit and rot though, with the way of the world right now, who's got the time or money ya' know????..............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Yup surely an AB,late 20's early 30's, that looks to be a good candidate for a restoration, mostly complete, shame to see a "good" one sit and rot though, with the way of the world right now, who's got the time or money ya' know????..............Mark

Without getting close it's hard to tell but it looks about the same as it did when it was sold. I'm kind of suprised the glass in the windshield is still intact. Here are a few pictures of a Dodge around the way from me. Pretty decent looking truck from the outside, not sure what the interior looks like. First time I saw it (from behind and at a pretty good distance) I thought it was a B.

post-6084-000252000 1278371111_thumb.jpg

post-6084-026836200 1278371141_thumb.jpg

post-6084-016446300 1278371165_thumb.jpg

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Thats a new one on me! never saw a dodge like that one,guess it would make sense to have a butterfly hood on a car carrier though,especially with the overhead rack, need all the room you can get!........Mark

• 2 weeks later...

In1971, Clark Transport asked Chrysler if they could build them some Diesel tractors with a lower cab height than the current CN900 models. They said no problem as long as they could buy thirty. The front end sheet metal is the same as used on FWD's AT-7 model. Both Clark and most drivers nick named them "Polish Peterbilts". Quite a few ran til the mid / late 80's

post-3242-019498700 1279247316_thumb.jpg

post-3242-089753700 1279247356_thumb.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

In1971, Clark Transport asked Chrysler if they could build them some Diesel tractors with a lower cab height than the current CN900 models. They said no problem as long as they could buy thirty. The front end sheet metal is the same as used on FWD's AT-7 model. Both Clark and most drivers nick named them "Polish Peterbilts". Quite a few ran til the mid / late 80's

post-3242-019498700 1279247316_thumb.jpg

post-3242-089753700 1279247356_thumb.jpg

What the hell is the first truck hauling there, Simca automobiles? Simca, (a Chrysler owned french subsidiary) built pretty good cars for what they were, but could not gain a foothold in this country. The engines were in the rear like a Corvair, but they were water cooled.

They were another that on a quiet day you could hear them rust.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hello Rob, these cars are not some Simca, but ........... Italian cars, FIAT :idunno:

Upon a second look I'll have to agree with Fiat. They were a dying breed when I was coming of age here although plentiful in Europe.

Rob

Upon a second look I'll have to agree with Fiat. They were a dying breed when I was coming of age here although plentiful in Europe.

Rob

Wow! I never paid attendion to what was on the carrier. Picked up one on a lift once and the front suspendion fell out from the rust. That was around 1972 in my pops AMC/Fiat Dealership

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I looked at them a little closer myself, and i too believe these are fiats( 128 2 door sedans) these came with 1100 cc. SOHC engines, most came with manual trans. kind of the italian "econobox" of their time!...thanks for setting me straight on the dodge truck too, never saw one like that! i remember the standard dodge conventionals, M&G convoy etc. used to see quite a few of them in wilmington,DE and up at port newark,NJ.......Mark

I got a c 900 Dodge with a 413 gas motor my self, but theres a guy named Tony Youngblood down in Georgia that would love to have that truck!!! BULLHUSK

Hey ernie, is he the guy that has all those restored dodges down there? seen videos on youtube with some nice dodge conventionals, thought it might be the same guy..........Mark