Oil Leak Exhaust Manifold

Hello everybody I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I have a 2004 mack granit 460 today I opened the hood to check the oil anyways i noticed slight oil leak coming from exhaust manifold where it bolts on the motor. It doesnt make sence to me so i was wondering if anyone can help me out.

The bottom exhaust manifold bolt holes in the heads are drilled all the way into the push tube opening. Oil runs down the push tube to the lifter, the oil stays there and can come out past the lower exhaust manifold stud. We remove the bottom studs and put silicone/RVT on the threads (threads of the stud only)on the stud and reinstall. It's a common problem . All ETECH style engines are like this.

The bottom exhaust manifold bolt holes in the heads are drilled all the way into the push tube opening. Oil runs down the push tube to the lifter, the oil stays there and can come out past the lower exhaust manifold stud. We remove the bottom studs and put silicone/RVT on the threads (threads of the stud only)on the stud and reinstall. It's a common problem . All ETECH style engines are like this.

Thank you very much for your help.

• 9 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi about this problem of the exhaust manifold leaking oil. Where can I font the bolt that’s not the dealer I went and said don’t have any now.  I’m order but may be long any number for Amazon or something?   Just asking thanks 

PAI sells exhaust stud kits.  I assume you have an E-Tech engine.  You posted on a 3 year old thread, and there isn't enough info about what truck you have..  Jojo