Super Trucker

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh...no way! I used to live out in Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ and drove that way to Phoenix all the time. I couldn't imagine driving that in a loaded truck! In highschool, we used to go jump off cliffs into the river a couple miles upstream of the bridge over the Salt River. You wouldn't believe all the vehicles at the bottoms of the cliffs.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

i had no idea it was there. im bebopin along thinking this way aint so bad a few 6 and7% hills, i was out on the first switchback when i looked out and wished i was religious.

got it down in low side and stayed there 15 mph. till i was over white mountain. took me thirty miles to shake it off.

Bigen,

Late getting back to you!!

Left an e-mail.

I've ran Salt River in a Semi more than once and it ain't no fun!!

If you are out there sight-seeing, take the old road down Oak Creek Canyon.

Then on the next trip, take the road from Prescott to Congress Junction!!!

Only time the tires are lined up with the frame is as you come out of one corner and into the next!!

Cottonwood to Jerome, to Cordes Junction???

WOW!!!!

Packer

Keep a clutchin'

Bigen,

Late getting back to you!!

Left an e-mail.

I've ran Salt River in a Semi more than once and it ain't no fun!!

If you are out there sight-seeing, take the old road down Oak Creek Canyon.

Then on the next trip, take the road from Prescott to Congress Junction!!!

Only time the tires are lined up with the frame is as you come out of one corner and into the next!!

Cottonwood to Jerome, to Cordes Junction???

WOW!!!!

Packer

not sight seeing. it just looked like it was at least a couple hundred miles shorter

This reminds me of about 7 yrs ago I went to southern Ohio to a weekend camping thing with local internet diesel club. I missed my turn, had to "recalculate" and check the map. Found a route that didn't look bad so I took it. DOH!! It was back road heaven with constant switchbacks and 6-7% grades. I was making up gear ratios as I went LOL!! I only have a 40ft trailer, but it was bad enough I was using all the road I could find.

Had a local sheriff follow me for a short while til he found a place to get around me. I just smiled and waved LOL! Sure was glad to finally get back to the main road.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

This reminds me of about 7 yrs ago I went to southern Ohio to a weekend camping thing with local internet diesel club. I missed my turn, had to "recalculate" and check the map. Found a route that didn't look bad so I took it. DOH!! It was back road heaven with constant switchbacks and 6-7% grades. I was making up gear ratios as I went LOL!! I only have a 40ft trailer, but it was bad enough I was using all the road I could find.

Had a local sheriff follow me for a short while til he found a place to get around me. I just smiled and waved LOL! Sure was glad to finally get back to the main road.

when i left hayden going toward globe on 177 ran threw an area 10% grade for 10 miles didnt get any pictures had both hands on the wheel and seat sucked up my but.

copper anodes are going to have to pay alot better before i go back.

when i left hayden going toward globe on 177 ran threw an area 10% grade for 10 miles didnt get any pictures had both hands on the wheel and seat sucked up my but.

copper anodes are going to have to pay alot better before i go back.

Awww, hell...I'd be in hog heaven on roads like that. :thumb:

l_de7c653180a504a0024ebf91a0d425df.jpg

l_af939672a845918f416377c23f43f929.jpg

l_cc17aa8df906825a3ccc5bd52b9f69ed.jpg

l_a5d2d00aca274635974fd5f7f3167288.jpg

l_26a0e8f77aa6432aab90a4acac376244.jpg

cloud9.gif

Unfortunately, them roads don't come around often enough... :pat:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Awww, hell...I'd be in hog heaven on roads like that. :thumb:

l_de7c653180a504a0024ebf91a0d425df.jpg

l_af939672a845918f416377c23f43f929.jpg

l_cc17aa8df906825a3ccc5bd52b9f69ed.jpg

l_a5d2d00aca274635974fd5f7f3167288.jpg

l_26a0e8f77aa6432aab90a4acac376244.jpg

cloud9.gif

Unfortunately, them roads don't come around often enough... :pat:

i noticed a dog on the hood on a couple.

looks like we be pounden some of the same asphalt.

think im gona try a run east just to see if i can make any more money. i like it out west, but the fuel is really eating into the profits.

got any advice??????????

think im gona try a run east just to see if i can make any more money. i like it out west, but the fuel is really eating into the profits.

got any advice??????????

Don't come thisaway. I'm paying 3.09/gal. All the local places are about the same

Course I don't think the landfill road is even 10%. But the SCENERY is fantastic!!!

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Don't come thisaway. I'm paying 3.09/gal. All the local places are about the same

Course I don't think the landfill road is even 10%. But the SCENERY is fantastic!!!

i fueled in hopi az. thursday nite 3.28$

just south of salt lake monday 3.23$

got home and its 2.83$

got any advice??????????

To get to Mackpro from your home 20, ya either gonna pass right by me, or within 15 miles of me...depending on which route ya take. We prolly pound the same pavement more often than you think. :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

To get to Mackpro from your home 20, ya either gonna pass right by me, or within 15 miles of me...depending on which route ya take. We prolly pound the same pavement more often than you think. :thumb:

If you're in Illinois, the pavement pounds you.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

If you're in Illinois, the pavement pounds you.

Gambi I think I was near your place the other day. I had to carry a power steering pump to the other truck. He was broke down at the Love's at La Salle.

bigen one of the last flatbed loads I took some equipment to the Moffat railroad tunnel just west of Denver and the switchbacks and grades were okay but the dirt road was a bummer.

Gambi I think I was near your place the other day. I had to carry a power steering pump to the other truck. He was broke down at the Love's at La Salle.

bigen one of the last flatbed loads I took some equipment to the Moffat railroad tunnel just west of Denver and the switchbacks and grades were okay but the dirt road was a bummer.

hey jerry was about ready to send out a search party havn't seen you in so long.

does that ebay guy have any more turbo's im needing one??????????

hey jerry was about ready to send out a search party havn't seen you in so long.

does that ebay guy have any more turbo's im needing one??????????

n.

Hi bigen. I'll check if not I saw some cartridges on ebay the other day.

I've been running like mad since we fixed the water problem. Do you have any tanker experience? or could you fake having a couple of years?

n.

Hi bigen. I'll check if not I saw some cartridges on ebay the other day.

I've been running like mad since we fixed the water problem. Do you have any tanker experience? or could you fake having a couple of years?

i drove for a short time for eejay out of east st.louis.

dry bulk and some liquid asphalt and fuel, then they had a labor dispute. i didnt want to get involved with that, so i moved on.

i had been there about 90 day's so i didnt feel like it was any of my bizz.

i am a lot better at faking it than my wife.

i drove for a short time for eejay out of east st.louis.

dry bulk and some liquid asphalt and fuel, then they had a labor dispute. i didnt want to get involved with that, so i moved on.

i had been there about 90 day's so i didnt feel like it was any of my bizz.

i am a lot better at faking it than my wife.

If it don't work out better soon holler and we'll try to get you under a tank if you want to. I'm still taking anywhere from 1800 to 3500 every Friday after all expenses and home every 4 to 5 days. If you mention your wife like that you better watch out for the skillet.

If it don't work out better soon holler and we'll try to get you under a tank if you want to. I'm still taking anywhere from 1800 to 3500 every Friday after all expenses and home every 4 to 5 days. If you mention your wife like that you better watch out for the skillet.

i just made a circle out west blythville to salt lake to phoenix to amarillo, grossed $5,350.00 burnt 620 gallons was gone 6 day's

i don't know enough to know wether it ws good or bad.

i just made a circle out west blythville to salt lake to phoenix to amarillo, grossed $5,350.00 burnt 620 gallons was gone 6 day's

i goofed off a little, if i had run harder i could have grabbed a 13,000 lb. load out of texarkana to st.lous for another $1,000.00. that would have made the trip alot better

I don't know either but that sounds pretty good. The way TMC, Maverick, and Western Express cut the rates out from under us years ago the best we could get was a buck a mile out of Phoenix or SLC and Amarillo was a dead spot at any price. The tank runs about $1.70-$1.80 truck money. I love the no tarp and no chains in the blizzard best.

Is your turbo passing oil or what happened to it? mine went out twice, it blew the seals once and broke the shaft once. I fell back in love with the old gal after fjh and MackPro talked me through fixing the things that had never been done to upgrade it. The dealer I bought it from claimed all the updates were done but when Bruce gave me the update list it was clear none of them had been done. It's a whole different truck now.

I don't know either but that sounds pretty good. The way TMC, Maverick, and Western Express cut the rates out from under us years ago the best we could get was a buck a mile out of Phoenix or SLC and Amarillo was a dead spot at any price. The tank runs about $1.70-$1.80 truck money. I love the no tarp and no chains in the blizzard best.

Is your turbo passing oil or what happened to it? mine went out twice, it blew the seals once and broke the shaft once. I fell back in love with the old gal after fjh and MackPro talked me through fixing the things that had never been done to upgrade it. The dealer I bought it from claimed all the updates were done but when Bruce gave me the update list it was clear none of them had been done. It's a whole different truck now.

my turbo started leaking next to the varible pitch linkage dripping onto the frame rail below it, real bad 3 quarts in 2 day's . then setteled down it is still wet but less than a quart in the rest of the trip. still smokes like hell when you take off after ideling all nite.