Super Trucker

Haha...yea I got 'checked' the other day out there. Guy says...'...thats a good Daego(sp?) name you got there, but get wheelin...you know who we're lookin for'.

Who were they looking for? I'm confused. Who are these union guys, how are they affiliated with the quarry, and why would you show them any ID?

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who were they looking for? I'm confused. Who are these union guys, how are they affiliated with the quarry, and why would you show them any ID?

Prevailing wage state IL is you know. Teamster cards (not your DL), checking the drivers at the gate of the quarry or on the job...my name is on the side of the truck but I don't make the effort to yellow it out when I post pix on here.... B)

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Prevailing wage state IL is you know. Teamster cards (not your DL), checking the drivers at the gate of the quarry or on the job...my name is on the side of the truck but I don't make the effort to yellow it out when I post pix on here.... B)

I white out the carrier name. I got no problem showing my company name, though....it's on the side of the hood. :thumb:

l_0f58851e0a7d41f9ba9cf5a3fc56ad75.jpg

I just white out my home town and phone #

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I white out the carrier name. I got no problem showing my company name, though....it's on the side of the hood. :thumb:

I just white out my home town and phone #

Yer not foolin me... :banana:

And never in a million years would I put my phone number on the door.

Sumbitch! I see the www.http:///whatever for your photo is myspace. Am I the lone holdout on the social networking bullshit or what?

Sumbitch! I see the www.http:///whatever for your photo is myspace. Am I the lone holdout on the social networking bullshit or what?

When I got back on line a few years ago, it was the first place I thought of to host pics. :pat: I have a whopping 11 "friends" on there... :lol:

...and I wanted my number on the side in case I'm parked somewhere and anything happens to the truck....that and if I'm playing with someone in traffic and they decide to call the company, they call my phone (easy...it's on the side) instead of the carrier (gotta remember to look it up later) :thumb:

...not that I would do anything like that though.... :rolleyes:

When I got back on line a few years ago, it was the first place I thought of to host pics. :pat: I have a whopping 11 "friends" on there... :lol:

I prefer to remain 'off the grid'.

I hear from enough people about what other people are doing and posting on their facebooks.

Highschool classmates have told me they've had to jump through hoops to try to get in touch with me because I don't have any of that crap...I say 'ha ha'.

I prefer to remain 'off the grid'.

I hear from enough people about what other people are doing and posting on their facebooks.

Highschool classmates have told me they've had to jump through hoops to try to get in touch with me because I don't have any of that crap...I say 'ha ha'.

Oh...I don't use my real name for any of it. Hell, I even have an e-mail address that I ONLY use for junk crap like that...NOT my "official" e-mail. Any business contacts searching for my "online activity" by searching my name or e-mail address will come up pretty much empty. Google my name and the ONLY thing that comes back to me in the first 20 pages is my name in a list of graduates from the SIUC College of Ag from a few years back. Everything else is others...brothers, mom, etc...but not me. :thumb:

Hey Bigen,

If you get through again, let me know!!

Been gone for two weeks and just got back in the system.

I ran from SLC to Globe/Miami about once a month.

Hauled salt to the refineries for their water softening systems.

They called it electro-winning as I remember.

Right there where you dump the anodide/cathodide stuff.

There was a hill marked 10% with a cattle guard about half way up.

You had to back off at the cattle guard or spin your wheels!

Ran that hill in 1st/direct with a 4 X 4 and just eased up the hill then set the Jake and about 2nd/over on the down side.

Real truckin'!!!!!

Packer

Keep a clutchin'

Nah you're not the only holdout! i don't do any of that social networking crap either! "myspace" is behind the wheel of my CX, bout' the only place i get any peace and quiet!...mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Nah you're not the only holdout! i don't do any of that social networking crap either! "myspace" is behind the wheel of my CX, bout' the only place i get any peace and quiet!...mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Hey Bigen,

If you get through again, let me know!!

Been gone for two weeks and just got back in the system.

I ran from SLC to Globe/Miami about once a month.

Hauled salt to the refineries for their water softening systems.

They called it electro-winning as I remember.

Right there where you dump the anodide/cathodide stuff.

There was a hill marked 10% with a cattle guard about half way up.

You had to back off at the cattle guard or spin your wheels!

Ran that hill in 1st/direct with a 4 X 4 and just eased up the hill then set the Jake and about 2nd/over on the down side.

Real truckin'!!!!!

Packer

the cattle gaurd is still there..........