This Could Only Happen To Me

You should have a heck of a parts bin by now.

sorry to hear, hope it really is not a "lost "part, just spare

On the upside, the magnet works

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Some thing that size making it from on top to the bottom, you would know before this.

To make it through the head,cylinder, PAST the piston.

I think it was somehow dropped in there, and no part of motor. Just my .02

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Looks like a CH/CL dashboard panel screw to me.

Look at your dashboard and you'll see what I mean.

I concur that it probably got dropped in the oil filler, possibly by some smart ass while the truck was up for sale, then found it's way to the magnetic plug. The magnet did it's job.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Some thing that size making it from on top to the bottom, you would know before this.

To make it through the head,cylinder, PAST the piston.

I think it was somehow dropped in there, and no part of motor. Just my .02

i think there are some oil gallay's (returns) that are large enough for this to pass through,

if it came off engine brake sylinoid, or wiring, maybe a ground screw,

just guessing i have not seen inside engine that new.

I concur that it probably got dropped in the oil filler, possibly by some smart ass while the truck was up for sale, then found it's way to the magnetic plug. The magnet did it's job.

that is exactly what it looks like.

but are their simaler bolts on the engine brake parts??????

i would call that possible, but the oil fill tube is on the side of the spinner canister(luberfiner) i dont think there is room for it to pass....

have to add oil very slow or it will run over....

that is exactly what it looks like.

but are their simaler bolts on the engine brake parts??????

No screws in the engine!

all have bolt heads! I have seen that screw used on the clutch cable lock tab! also on the clamps that hold the p/s hoses around the bottom of the engine but nothing to my recall inside the engine like that!

if mackpro68 say's that bolt didn't come out of the engine, im gona run it and not worrie about it any more. call it a d@#$k head stunt some body pulled along the way!!!!!!

but if it could be out of some thing im gonna check local mack store and see if they want it driven in or towed $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No screws in the engine!

all have bolt heads! I have seen that screw used on the clutch cable lock tab! also on the clamps that hold the p/s hoses around the bottom of the engine but nothing to my recall inside the engine like that!

buddy of mine had a theory, if it didnt come out of engine, maybe just maybe, the oil plug got laid next to it, the magnet snatched it up, unoticed, perhaps off of the floor and got put back in without being noticed.????????????????????

No screws in the engine!

didn,t know you were on here today fjh, pro68 had answered my post erlier if their are no screws like this in the engine then i'm gonna run it and try to forget i ever seen it.

didn,t know you were on here today fjh, pro68 had answered my post erlier if their are no screws like this in the engine then i'm gonna run it and try to forget i ever seen it.

Ya I worked to day Bro, I come to check on ya most every day thou!Got to keep you and Jerry on the straight and narrow!

if you have the time i would pull the inlet tube to the turbo and check for any thing in there also wouldnt put it past any one that drove for or got mad at the person that owned the truck before you. the co i work for now got two bolts wraped with alum duct tape out of the intake manifold on one of their RD coaltrucks (things people will do)...joe

i asked more than a couple times if this truck had a fresh service on it when i bought it, and was told yes, just serviced.

they replaced both long power steering lines, surely one of the bolts that hold the lines didn't get picked up by accident?

maybe used same drain pan for both jobs, screw got left in pan, and drain plug got dropped, it's a long shot, but possible.....

if you have the time i would pull the inlet tube to the turbo and check for any thing in there also wouldnt put it past any one that drove for or got mad at the person that owned the truck before you. the co i work for now got two bolts wraped with alum duct tape out of the intake manifold on one of their RD coaltrucks (things people will do)...joe

Yep people do some mean things. I bought an old truck years ago that kept starving for fuel in a pull. The injector pump checked out fine so on further investigation I found grease rags and rubber balls in the fuel tanks stopping up the pickup.

bigen's screw may have fell straight through while the covers were off to run the overhead.

So...would you say that you got 'screwed' or that you have a screw loose...? B)

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. I realize I bring nothing to the table on this particular topic of discussion and it's unfortunate to find spare parts in your oil pan. But the next time I visit my brother in St. Louie I'll buy you a beer or twenty. Last time I was there you could still smoke indoors, so I'd be good all day.

Should you become fed up and want to return your truck, might I suggest something similar to this...

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg