tanks...

l_0752bcfc66d84a5385b1929cecad7138.jpg

dumps...

l_0e50ee073cde4758b707182b7ebcf985.jpg

and now vans...

l_4d3f7f29c03f4a6e840fa7c2150280c7.jpg

That 53 footer REALLY made my truck look small hihi.gif

l_de2d68ea71c24f82aaac2fbb8ec1ec66.jpg

They pre-loaded this HUGE trailer for me to hook to...sent me ALLLLLLLLL the way to Columbus, IN with it...and when I opened the doors, I almost busted a gut laughing. They had 6 tiny little pallets tucked away in the nose of the trailer. 4.5 tons.I could have rented a friggin' U-Haul trailer and pulled this load behind my F250 shakinghead.gif

This company also has flats, liquid tanks, and RGN's....haven't had the opportunity to pull any of them....yet....popcrn.gif

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I wish I would've snapped a few pictures of my truck hooked to the flatbed...looked pretty nice.

I worked with a few Beelman trucks yesterday (tuesday). I'll assume they're based out of East St. Louis and they're working up in Hennepin, IL...probably 3 1/2 hours north of St. Louis. One of the three construction companies doing the work, a huge retention pond at a power plant, is out of Bloomdale, MO. so I'll assume that's whey they're all the way up here.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Beelman runs all over the place Gambi, my dad use to drive for them back in 00-03 when they had their Mack's before they switch to Pete and Freightliners. They also got a terminal in Indianapolis, Indiana and St.Genevieve, Missouri. I know when my dad pulled tanks for them he ran all over to Michigan City, IN; Ferdonia, KY; Missouri, Alabama, Ohio. I think the tank division is their only over the road division. I see some dumps with sleepers but I think that is mainly local stuff. Rowdy will be able to correct me on that.

Beelman runs all over the place Gambi, my dad use to drive for them back in 00-03 when they had their Mack's before they switch to Pete and Freightliners. They also got a terminal in Indianapolis, Indiana and St.Genevieve, Missouri. I know when my dad pulled tanks for them he ran all over to Michigan City, IN; Ferdonia, KY; Missouri, Alabama, Ohio. I think the tank division is their only over the road division. I see some dumps with sleepers but I think that is mainly local stuff. Rowdy will be able to correct me on that.

They've got a terminal in Springfield, too...and working on building another one in Marion....and I think they even have one up in the Chicago area (but in Indiana). They go all over the place...both dumps and tanks. If they have a load going somewhere, they'll send a truck. They only have a handful of each of the other trailer types...I think the RGN's are mostly just used to move their own stuff around...whether it's their own loaders or moving stuff for one of the affiliated readymix company....or possibly to retrieve a wrecked truck or trailer...

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I don't know what an RGN is...

I see Beelman trucks all the time, mainly running up and down I-39. When I worked for Mack they took a bunch of trucks in on trade/bought/dealer swapped/whatever you call it a bunch of trucks and I'd have to go to East St. Louis to pick them up once or twice a week.

I got to watch a Beelman driver lay a trailer on it's side once. Painful to watch as it went over so slow. He told me, and I quote " you ain't a dump bucket driver till you put one over, doing what we do, you will put one over." I was surprised to see how little damage was done to the trailer. The yard up here is in Hammond In.(Chicago) and the equipment is tough looking. Brad

I got to watch a Beelman driver lay a trailer on it's side once. Painful to watch as it went over so slow. He told me, and I quote " you ain't a dump bucket driver till you put one over, doing what we do, you will put one over." I was surprised to see how little damage was done to the trailer. The yard up here is in Hammond In.(Chicago) and the equipment is tough looking. Brad

That guy is an idiot...and I'm sure he'll put it on its side again...and again...and again...until he learns how NOT to lay them over. Yeah, $#!t happens sometimes, but to cop that attitude that you HAVE to lay 'em over in order to be a REAL dump truck driver is akin to saying you HAVE to crash to be a REAL truck driver. Doesn't make much sense, does it? The goal is to deliver your freight and NOT tear up your equipment and NOT damage anything at your customer's places and NOT wreck anything else along the way. There is not much you can do in the event of a mechanical failure when you have the bucket in the air. Operator error is another thing...not finding a level enough or solid enough spot to dump in, for example, or not making sure the load is evenly loaded...not piled up on one side of the trailer.

...don't judge the company by the idiots you find up there.

I pulled a dump bucket for a while and was always afraid of tipping over, especially with a load of lime. It was bad about sticking and wouldn't come out until the body was all the way up. Sometimes, especially if it was a little wet, it wouldn't come out at all and you had to lower the body and get in and run a shovel a bit to loosen it up then try it again. Plus you had to take it directly to a field sometimes and it was hard to find a level spot to dump it.

Larry Wales, a friend who used to live in Massachusets, said he was hauling to Logan Airport in Boston and they used to back up and dump side by side and he'd seen one tip over and hit the next one and they'd turn over like dominoes. He said there are dump trailers under the runway they were building to this day that they just cut the tractor loose from and left there.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I pulled a dump bucket for a while and was always afraid of tipping over, especially with a load of lime. It was bad about sticking and wouldn't come out until the body was all the way up. Sometimes, especially if it was a little wet, it wouldn't come out at all and you had to lower the body and get in and run a shovel a bit to loosen it up then try it again. Plus you had to take it directly to a field sometimes and it was hard to find a level spot to dump it.

Larry Wales, a friend who used to live in Massachusets, said he was hauling to Logan Airport in Boston and they used to back up and dump side by side and he'd seen one tip over and hit the next one and they'd turn over like dominoes. He said there are dump trailers under the runway they were building to this day that they just cut the tractor loose from and left there.

I won't dump next to someone...and if they back in next to me and start raising that bucket, I'll kick their a$$. Sorry, but the 2 seconds you are trying to save by dumping before I'm done ain't worth my dying over if you lay it over on top of me. It doesn't take THAT long to dump off...either wait, or find someplace else to dump. Luckily, around here most guys have sense enough not to do the side-by-side thing.

I won't dump next to someone...and if they back in next to me and start raising that bucket, I'll kick their a$$. Sorry, but the 2 seconds you are trying to save by dumping before I'm done ain't worth my dying over if you lay it over on top of me. It doesn't take THAT long to dump off...either wait, or find someplace else to dump. Luckily, around here most guys have sense enough not to do the side-by-side thing.

I would've never put 2+2 together on the RGN thing. Thought it was some kind of tanker for refridgerated nitrogen or something. :pat:

I've seen the effects of the if I would've been dumping next to that guy...dumping lime out in a cornfield one day the guy ahead of me in line was dumping and the passenger side draft arm broke with the trailer barely halfway up, flipped on it's side. Had I been greedy w/time I would've been squished...because I had a short dump along side his long dump.

I haul a lot of times to a large regional landfill. Watching them frameless guys hauling septic sludge, they start to lean and they drop the body quick. Load sticks and they run back and forth to get it all out. Leave them plenty of room. Landfills are well known for well packed level ground. LOL. I don't like it much as I have a 24' box to dump and move around to find level. Tag axle helps to level truck.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I haul a lot of times to a large regional landfill. Watching them frameless guys hauling septic sludge, they start to lean and they drop the body quick. Load sticks and they run back and forth to get it all out. Leave them plenty of room. Landfills are well known for well packed level ground. LOL. I don't like it much as I have a 24' box to dump and move around to find level. Tag axle helps to level truck.

I'm almost curious...I was looking at a few different manufacturer websites and some of them make 1/4 frame trailers, but only up to 35' lengths. Due to the bridge law, a 35' trailer can't gross 80,000 unless it has a 3rd axle, which increases the tare weight. Why couldn't they make a 39' 1/4 frame trailer, so that when dumping in softer ground, you have both axles...all 8 tires...on the ground to help reduce sinking in? You'd think it might help keep 'em from tipping over so easily....but then what do I know? Maybe there's a good reason why you can't buy a 39' 1/4 frame trailer. :idunno:

I'm almost curious...I was looking at a few different manufacturer websites and some of them make 1/4 frame trailers, but only up to 35' lengths. Due to the bridge law, a 35' trailer can't gross 80,000 unless it has a 3rd axle, which increases the tare weight. Why couldn't they make a 39' 1/4 frame trailer, so that when dumping in softer ground, you have both axles...all 8 tires...on the ground to help reduce sinking in? You'd think it might help keep 'em from tipping over so easily....but then what do I know? Maybe there's a good reason why you can't buy a 39' 1/4 frame trailer. :idunno:

I've seen one I am sure you can special order a 39' 1/4 frame truth be told 1/4 frame is more stable than a full frame I've had a couple 34' tri axle 1/4 frames but they are heavier than a full frame 34ft tri axle I think American trailer had the right idea on frameless end dumps the body unhinged from the front of the sub frame all wheels stayed on the ground no extra weight

You guys are speaking my language now! I don't like to brag, (well, yeah, I do) but I've been dumping my 39' frameless spread for 10 years now and have never put it on the side. (watch what happens tomorrow...) Let me talk to those guys who say I ain't a bucket hauler if I haven't laid one over. Other Dog has the right mindset. You always need to be just a bit nervous when that trailer is in the air. When you get cocky and lose the butterflies in your gut that is when she goes over. Always be mindful of your equipment and your conditions.

Larry Wales, a friend who used to live in Massachusets, He said there are dump trailers under the runway they were building to this day that they just cut the tractor loose from and left there.

Don't believe anything that you hear & only half what you see. I am sure that there are no trailers under the runways at Logan. No longer then it would take to recover a trailer there is no reason to leave it behind to deteriorate & create a void in/under the concrete to create a hazard for aircraft. There is no way a trailer would be allowed to be left in the fill. In Ft Wayne a new 7 story hotel was demolished before it was finished because of unsafe soil. http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/39749242.html

Just my observation...

T.

Double L- thats exactly the mindset one must have every day,ALL DAY

When you go to sleep at nite, knowing that you are not hurt and there is no damage to any equipment you are responsible for, THEN you can say it was a good day.

Some people set a routine, thats fine as long as you stick to it. I know, I stopped in the middle of my normal routine to pee. Drove away with the boom up. Took a powerline down, day after Thanksgiving (two years ago)

Now, I'll wet myself if the bucket aint in the box first.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

ask around if you dont believe this. in the erly 90s when midwest hauling was called rabber (all a part of berra const.) they had two end dumps dumpping at the beco pipe plant that got tangeled togather with their trailers in the air one was leaning bad enough they couldnt let either of them down without turning over had to use a crane to get them untangeled i didnt see this but heard the story from to menny times from diferent people.

As a matter of fact Underdog that can be said about any job and any profession! In all honestly it just goes to show how much mature they are with that type of thinking.

Amen to that. Most guys that talk that way are looking for an excuse anyway. Unwilling to accept responsibility for themselves. As you said it is directly related to maturity level.