First Scr Truck To Stop In.

I saw a few of them at Uptime...

Get ready to stock Exhaust Fluid! LOL These units also have a replaceable filter on the reservoir along with an integrated pump that will probably go bad often!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Get ready to stock Exhaust Fluid! LOL These units also have a replaceable filter on the reservoir along with an integrated pump that will probably go bad often!

The driver asked we had any DEF or know where he could get some. We did not know. I called Mack and asked for a part# and the guy said "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........call back tommorow" We would like to have a few 2gal jugs just incase.

The driver asked we had any DEF or know where he could get some. We did not know. I called Mack and asked for a part# and the guy said "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........call back tommorow" We would like to have a few 2gal jugs just incase.

Terra is the company that makes it (TerraCair) I don't have any part numbers at the moment either...

bmodel_logo.png

Terra is the company that makes it (TerraCair) I don't have any part numbers at the moment either...

hello guys we have on our company 3 ibc tanks from 1000 liters whit def thats the easy way to do and the cheapest way our chef says we can only tank def at our company and only in emergency at the gas station.iff you run out off def its a offence in europe you have a economic offence and the lawofficers can see that in your computer the price is about 1250 euro for this.so you dont forget to fill the def tank.but the best way for trucking companys is to buy there own def tanks.greetings rene MACK FOREVER

At a Mack SCR meeting we had a month ago, they showed us the 2 gal jugs and a 200 gal (I think) collapsible tote with pump that we could get. This truck I think was a Mack show/test truck as it had no company name, no engine tag and had lots of chrome on it. It did have 22,000 miles on it. The driver didn't talk much only to say he liked the truck.

At a Mack SCR meeting we had a month ago, they showed us the 2 gal jugs and a 200 gal (I think) collapsible tote with pump that we could get. This truck I think was a Mack show/test truck as it had no company name, no engine tag and had lots of chrome on it. It did have 22,000 miles on it. The driver didn't talk much only to say he liked the truck.

Come to think of it, one of the show trucks at Uptime was charcoal colored and had lots of chrome...it's probably the same one!

bmodel_logo.png

hello guys we have on our company 3 ibc tanks from 1000 liters whit def thats the easy way to do and the cheapest way our chef says we can only tank def at our company and only in emergency at the gas station.iff you run out off def its a offence in europe you have a economic offence and the lawofficers can see that in your computer the price is about 1250 euro for this.so you dont forget to fill the def tank.but the best way for trucking companys is to buy there own def tanks.greetings rene MACK FOREVER

RENE i got my liberty painted it looks great thanks for the help

RENE i got my liberty painted it looks great thanks for the help

hello neil send me some pictures i like to se it.my latest project is i found 2 years ago a liberty plate in macungie on the show ground it fell letterly in my hands when i was looking in some folders.what i did is find somewhan that could dublicaat them and now i have left and right on my sleeper liberty plates.that was the finnising touch.i make some pictures and send them to you when i have the time good luck whit your liberty superliner greetings rene

In the Netherlands do your engines have DPF exhaust filters on the and the SCR systems or do they just have the SCR system? How is the SCR system been working (breakdowns)? How long have you had SCR overthere?

In the Netherlands do your engines have DPF exhaust filters on the and the SCR systems or do they just have the SCR system? How is the SCR system been working (breakdowns)? How long have you had SCR overthere?

hello mackpro what i have found is that they are experimenting whit def and scr from 2004. we have some trucks running now for 4 years whit scr and def fluid about 200000 miles i never heard any big issues.now the daf company has trucks whit eev engines they are running now for more than a year those engines are 50%cleaner than our euro 5 trucks.you can read this yourself on www.daf.com this site is also in englisch.

EEV stands for Enhanced enviromentally-freindly vehicles (50% fewer soot particles than euro 5 emission values)these trucks have scr and a particular filter.i think when you visit more websites off europeen truckbuilders there is more info for you.i hope i could help you a little i like the old ways better no computers in trucks no speed restrictors no tachograaf.take the toolbox to fix the truck and keep going and less paperwork greetings from the netherlands rene MACK FOREVER

hello mackpro what i have found is that they are experimenting whit def and scr from 2004. we have some trucks running now for 4 years whit scr and def fluid about 200000 miles i never heard any big issues.now the daf company has trucks whit eev engines they are running now for more than a year those engines are 50%cleaner than our euro 5 trucks.you can read this yourself on www.daf.com this site is also in englisch.

EEV stands for Enhanced enviromentally-freindly vehicles (50% fewer soot particles than euro 5 emission values)these trucks have scr and a particular filter.i think when you visit more websites off europeen truckbuilders there is more info for you.i hope i could help you a little i like the old ways better no computers in trucks no speed restrictors no tachograaf.take the toolbox to fix the truck and keep going and less paperwork greetings from the netherlands rene MACK FOREVER

Thanks for the info, I will check that link out.

Looks like they are getting a head start on Euro 6.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Does Mack offer a split tank (like 70 gal. diesel and 30 gal. DEF) instead of that seperate black tank for the DEF. It would look muck nicer if they did a split tank kind of like the split fuel.hyd tanks.

Split tanks for DEF ( Urea ) and Fuel has not been adopted.

Most Urea tanks will be either plastic or stainless steel

Urea and aluminiam or steel dont make friends..

SCR technology has been used in OZ for sometime with good success..

SCR with a DPF is no big drama... For the future expct SCR / EGR and DPF to be used in conjunction with each other.

Although the pace at which technology changes there could be something else surface,,

Currently Australia is at EU4 or US07 and made up with SCR or EGR technology.. with a sprinkling of ACERT

2011 will require all new vehicles to be at EU5 and US10 which will be SCR or EGR with DPF

The urea filter in the pump ( paper type ) has a service life of 180,000 km

there is an inline filter on the inlet which is removable and cleanable..

There is also a filter on the pick up...

Petroleum products dont work well in theses systems.. so dont have a brain fade and put the wrong bowser in the wrong tank

Also keep the urea tank cap clean and tight..

• 2 weeks later...

D.E.F.= DIESEL EXHAUST FLUID....D.P.F.=DIESEL PARTICULATE FILTER...E.G.R.= EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION...UREA=D.E.F. or DIESEL EXHUST FLUID...S.C.R.= SELECTIVE CATALITIC REDUCTION...

For more information check out the Mack web site they have videos explaining each process and how they work together to reduce emissions. It also has an animated engine showing where all the systems are located and how they function. Pretty neat even if it is a vuva engine.

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS