Crash Test

David

Dammit! does everyone who wants to destroy trucks have to use Macks? Go and relieve the dealers and scrap yards of all the freight shakers, IH's and fords they have. Leave the Macks alone.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Too bad they didn't use a Volvo, it's a shame to waste a Mack, when there's so many "brand X" p.o.s. trucks out there. BTW, the pencil pushers who wrote the story called it an "RM". Looks like a "DM" to me.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I'm with you guys, what a waste using a Mack for that test instead of some junk that isn't worth rebuilding. The least they could have done was to strap Zacarius Moussaoui on the nose of that Mack for their stupid test and they would have accomplished something positive. Bob

Ain't a Mack? Take it back!

HK Your right it is a DM Model Not a RM (rm was butterfly hood ;)) sounded like a 237 or 300 Still it was a waste of a damn GOOD TRUCK why tear up a :mack1: why not use a I.H. OR A Volvo or a FrieghtShaker some P.O.S. TRUCK DAMN :angry:

was a good looking 78 model though be4 the wreck

yall have a safeone

bulldog

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

• 1 month later...

Cool pics but what a shame. That was a nice truck and its just completely totaled. The engine and trans are deffinatly shot but I wonder if the rears are any good yet? Or maybe that driveshaft was like a harpoon and tore them apart too. Like everyone says why do they blowup and crash test macks and not freight liners or internationals. Oh well the pics are cool.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Reminds me of when Mythbusters blew up a Mack mixer. Why not something not worth anything?

I guess this just proves a point that some people DON'T get. It takes a destruction test or alot of dynamite to destroy a Mack?....so that it CAN'T survive or be repair and reused. They want to use something that is tough enough to prove the durability of what they are testing. Anything else would fall apart before the test LOL!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Reminds me of when Mythbusters blew up a Mack mixer. Why not something not worth anything?

I guess this just proves a point that some people DON'T get. It takes a destruction test or alot of dynamite to destroy a Mack?....so that it CAN'T survive or be repair and reused. They want to use something that is tough enough to prove the durability of what they are testing. Anything else would fall apart before the test LOL!

LOL true, guess it was hard to find a non mack used mixer that could get itself to the blast site.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

• 5 months later...

WELL-WHAT CAN I SAY-WHEN YOU'RE TRYING TO PROVE HOW TOUGH YOUR WALL IS,YOU HAFTA USE THE TOUGHEST TRUCK THERE IS,OR YOUR CLAIM IS WORTHLESS. I HATE TO SEE THAT HAPPEN TO A GOOD MACK,BUT WHEN YOU CARE ENOUGH TO RUIN THE VERY BEST...

Speed

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>