New Addition B-81

Looks GREAT!ALL this time I've been telling you to buy a Mack(esp. this one).I hope you like that feeling of sitting in the B cab looking out at that BULLDOG... :twothumbsup:

As the saying goes-one asshole looking at another

Looks great. Best of luck

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Welcome!

The level may be low so you can't see it?

Should be able to flip the cap and look in and see the top of the tubes of the radiator core. May have a baffle but still should be able to see. The small tube is the overflow.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Thanks Jim- curiosity has me now, maybe my brain was frozen. Cab does need some work and i don't have the cost of trucking! double frame is very good, little bit of spreading in the very back. Truck was not for sale and i stumbled on it. Owner liked the fact it was staying local and I will offer him a test drive when it is on the road. Has power steering as well.

That's what My ole lady is sure to think! Vinny come on down and drive it home for me, shouldn't you be at the whiteout? truck is a 58 and came from Mass..........Brian

I should be there. When is it again? I'll be with Papa at the flea market. No races. I might be going on a vintage ride up here in Lowville to Montague on my Citation in a few weeks.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Like that a lot. I like that it has a B model air cleaner rather than an R like so many do these days. I hope to track down a correct one some day. Mine needs work on the fenders inner and outer and about anything other than the hood which is solid but bent down from standing on it. Enjoy.

Greg

• Like 1

Stumbled upon it? lol i looked at the truck a few years ago.sat in downtown Oneonta right around the corner from the old chevy dealer right? use to be a B68 there also but i think he scrapped it. cab was rough on one of them. my fiance' hates to go ridin around sometimes. she says i can smell them old Macks out in the middle of no where haha. ever check out that old L model Brian that sits by the abandoned train off rt 7 leavin oneonta (past the BBQ place) headin twards cobleskill? had budd wheels all around and sprockets in between the budds to power the back axle.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Stumbled upon it? lol i looked at the truck a few years ago.sat in downtown Oneonta right around the corner from the old chevy dealer right? use to be a B68 there also but i think he scrapped it. cab was rough on one of them. my fiance' hates to go ridin around sometimes. she says i can smell them old Macks out in the middle of no where haha. ever check out that old L model Brian that sits by the abandoned train off rt 7 leavin oneonta (past the BBQ place) headin twards cobleskill? had budd wheels all around and sprockets in between the budds to power the back axle.

I'm pretty sure I can smell them too.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Maddog-I can't make it sound like it was easy, it was in west end by napa, behind a gas station. My father noticed it about 3-4 years ago. He did have another that was already gone. I can sniff out brockways but the macks i am still working on. The L is a crane ? if that's the one i think that used to be a guy named Claude Cook(think name is still on it) who had it in Unadilla. it is now owned by the Leatherstocking railroad in Milford. They have a little excursion train they run to Cooperstown. All I know is the title says 58,With what I know about these that is all i can go by. I appreciate all the info..........Brian

So might the higher radiator have a different radiator cap setup? or is it because i burned to many brain cells in my 20's and 30"s that i couldn't figure it out?

Edited by Enck762

yup, west end across the street from Napa. out behind a resturant. the L model is early, in the 40's . stopped and looked at it a about 3-4 years ago when i sniffed out those B models. the L is something. never seen a tandem drive driving thru chains and sprockets between the budd wheels. must have taken forever to have to change an inner tire and have to take those chains and sprockets off.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I'll get some pics of the L for you guys. Claude Cook had an old reo? s/a dump that if i remember right was chain drive. The 2 trucks sat for years on rt.7 in wellsbridge between otego and unadilla.

p.s. HK trucking, i pm'd you a while back. saw a post you drove a H762 Brockway back in the day. I have one and am interested in more info on yours etc....Brian

post-8108-0-05682900-1360512045_thumb.jp

post-8108-0-44957900-1360512075_thumb.jp

Edited by Enck762
  • Like 1