Who's Coming To Huntsville

mackdaddy1911a1

Who is gonna go to the truck show and on what dates. I will be there saturday the 30th and would love to meet everone from BMT. Hope everyone can attend.

I saw a nice looking crackerbox GMC with a single axle flatbed on a trailer today headed south on 81 in Pa. I assumed it was headed to Huntsville, but I don't know who it was :)

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Just getting back from the Huntsville, AL show. Got to meet up with the bumblebee from this site, we both had a great time talking and walking trucks. I bet we walked 20 miles and didn't go far at all. I believe the oldest truck was a 1917 FWD Army Truck, we talked to the owner and he showed us things about his truck that was really impressive. We talked to a Mr. Wendle Curry of Athens, AL and he was truly a interesting individual. He was on a heart pump with filter. You would not have thought anything was wrong with him just by looking and talking with him but he is very lucky to be alive. He is one of the old veterans of trucking. We told him about our B Model Macks and he got very excited about them and told us old stories of when he drove and owned several B's. I now feel better about my B Model since I met Mr. Curry and him telling me some do's and don'ts about that model. I now know that I need a 4.65 ratio rears for mine and not the 5.39 that I have now. If you can think of Mr. Curry say a prayer for him to be well enough to enjoy trucks for a long time to come. And thanks to Bobby the Bumblebee for meeting me at the show, we were hoping to find some more of our friends from the BIG MACK TRUCKS web-site.

Regards

mike :D

Glad you had a great time Mike(and Bobby). These shows are quite the sight to see. Never ending stuff to look at and people to talk to. Just no way for me to go that far.

Here's the ATHS group photo from Syracuse in '03.....(has it been 6 yrs?)

athsgroup.jpg

back: Stan walls, Dennis Wells, me, ?, ?, Dan Bruno, Indiana Bob, few hiding, Terry Tombaugh, Mike Harbison, Tony Weston, Bob

kneeling: Rick, Dean, ?, ?(tip of my tongue)

Mike, I have 4.62's in my truck. Gets you 65 on the highway up on the gov'r. Love to get you mine, as I'd like to get an air ride 4.3ish for mine. Not sure, if ever it will happen...........but a guy can dream, right?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Glad you had a great time Mike(and Bobby). These shows are quite the sight to see. Never ending stuff to look at and people to talk to. Just no way for me to go that far.

Here's the ATHS group photo from Syracuse in '03.....(has it been 6 yrs?)

athsgroup.jpg

back: Stan walls, Dennis Wells, me, ?, ?, Dan Bruno, Indiana Bob, few hiding, Terry Tombaugh, Mike Harbison, Tony Weston, Bob

kneeling: Rick, Dean, ?, ?(tip of my tongue)

Mike, I have 4.62's in my truck. Gets you 65 on the highway up on the gov'r. Love to get you mine, as I'd like to get an air ride 4.3ish for mine. Not sure, if ever it will happen...........but a guy can dream, right?

neat picture- right in there amongst Dr. Bill's trucks. He seemed like a really nice guy in the videos, I was sorry to hear he'd passed away.

Ya, this was the meeting place for the photo op. I did get to talk to Dr. Bill shorty as I was crawling around his W model as he walked up. He graciously told you to get in and take a look around. Told him I hadn't seen the little GMC since the ATHS video.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Well to eveyone who responded and to eveyone who went I got shot down again. Thursday afternoon, after having sat at the house all week waiting on a load dispatch called and shot my plans to attend my first truck show right in the butt. Jerks.... oh well I needed the load after sitting all week (Otherdog knows what I'm talking about) so Friday morning i took off to Choo Choo and loaded going up to North Haven Ct. unloaded saturday and got home this afternoon. I hope you had a great time Mike and Bumblebee. Maybe next time. :wacko:

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

Well to eveyone who responded and to eveyone who went I got shot down again. Thursday afternoon, after having sat at the house all week waiting on a load dispatch called and shot my plans to attend my first truck show right in the butt. Jerks.... oh well I needed the load after sitting all week (Otherdog knows what I'm talking about) so Friday morning i took off to Choo Choo and loaded going up to North Haven Ct. unloaded saturday and got home this afternoon. I hope you had a great time Mike and Bumblebee. Maybe next time. :wacko:

yep, that's how it usually works.

I took a bunch of pictures on thursday. I will post them soon so stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just cant get them loaded right now, :banana::SMOKIE-RT::SMOKIE-LFT::chili:

I picked up some steel in Lexington last week, at Harry Gordon Steel-kind of a tight spot to get into!

I am going to save my vacation time and go to macungie in june, any one else?

Fred

Fred i was planning on going to Macungie but i had to work on my transmission on my B model so i wont be able to make it this year. i plan on going to the Watts Mack show, i will see you at Elnora this year. ( great show you guys put on down there ) thanks Ron