Factory Superliner With A Silver 92?

I just saw this on TP and was amazed to see a Silver 8v92 Superliner. Somehow I am not too sure if its a factory original because a 12 speed behind a Detroit doesn't makes sense as it would most likely be a fuller 13. Is the 88 engine code correct for a Silver 92? Either way its in good shape and not too expensive.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I just saw this on TP and was amazed to see a Silver 8v92 Superliner. Somehow I am not too sure if its a factory original because a 12 speed behind a Detroit doesn't makes sense as it would most likely be a fuller 13. Is the 88 engine code correct for a Silver 92? Either way its in good shape and not too expensive.

Hi Thad, the 88 code is for an E6 350 , a Detroit would be a 7X I think, 73 is 8V71 I dont have an engine code at hand right now. There was only a handful here in Australia, I've been told of 2, the same goes for the Cruiseliner, mostly Mack or Cat. There were more Superliners with Cummins than GM. Regards Jeffro

There were a few Detroit powered Superliners around here when I was a kid. Real nice big bunk, heavy spec log tractors. Detroits were real popular in this area. It was funny hearing a Superliner with that screaming 2 stroke under the hood. The ones around here are all gone now. I knew where there was one in a scrap yard (wasn't much left of it) but recently I went by and all the scrap is gone. They must have crushed everything.

If Doug Maney can remember them, a fellow in this area (Bill Rogers) had an entire fleet of Detroit-powered Macks - ranging from early R-700's with 318's (and a 361 Brockway) to a couple of newer R-700's, F-700's, and at least two early Superliners with 8V92's. (430hp, I believe)

The last time I passed by his farm/shop, most of them were still there, but they have been off the road for a while now. He started running Volvos about 10 years ago, and sold a few of the Macks along the way.

Terry

Julian, PA

I was just looking at an early Superliner brochure, and under available engine options were listed Cummins six cylinder engines, including KT450 & KTA 525, and Detroit 92 series, up to 435 hp. The second "7" digit in the model designation would indeed make it a Detroit engine.

post-2383-1234124237_thumb.jpg

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

• 3 weeks later...

Jeff Sounds fantastic,

cant wait to see your lot, you seem to know a lot of whats to know about lots.

The Blue R is one of our members, it came from narromine before that i dont know, the Diamond belongs to the same bloke that owns the Blue R, it came from Bourke, it has been shortened to cart Nags, before that i dont know.

-Monty.