Our Worst Nightmare...

Ever see the new mack pinnacle? Ever wonder why the Mack name is off center and so small? Well here is your answer!

It really is kinda scary how the volvo logo and slash fit so nicely on the grille. Lets hope it aint true!

(have nothing better to do right now)

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I was in Walmart today and the Mack logo caught my eye (Rally is a licensee of the Mack logo, the box says). So I look and it is on a box with a cheap jack in it. This jack jade the stuff at Harbor Freight look like a Walker in comparison. It was such cheap junk. It even said "Built like a Mack Truck" on it. I can't believe Mack sold out their good name to a manufactuer of cheap junky jacks.

Joe

what is your guys beef wtih volvos? they are good trucks and they great motors. Mack and Volvo (the way i see it) are going to be the only two manufactures that will come out on top with the emission regs for 2007.

I cant speak for all of us, but I dont dislike Volvo. Dont get me wrong the vt880 is a real sweet looking truck. I just don't want to see mack reduced to an empty shell like autocar was. It was a joke anyway, laugh :lol:

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Hey Guys,

It's not just Mack. For those of you who own Dodge Rams, open the drivers door and see where it's made. Sorry.....Mexico.

Back in the '80's the battle cry was "Be American....Buy American!". So, I did. I bought a brand new Mercury. Later I found out that the Engine was made in Mexico using German engineering, the transmission was made in Germany using Italan bearings and the body was made in Canada.

Here is another distressing fact;

Winchester is closing the New Haven, Ct. plant. This is the lever action gun carried by John Wayne in his movies and is labeled as: "The gun that won the west!" But fear not, it's parent company "Browning" has stated that it will contine to produce the model '94 (the lever action 30/30 carried by John Wayne) in Belgium and Japan. Oh, did I tell you, Browning is a Beligum company.

The point is nothing is sacared. I fear it will all be built in China eventuly.

One more point, How come GMC, Ford or Chryslers are not sold in Japan or Europe without heavy inport duties? Toyota, VW,BMW, Nissan are sold here without import duties. Why aren't we allowed to compete on a level playing field in Japan or Europe?

Jim

Hi Guys, My 1961 B61 Mack is the best thing I've ever owned but not for the nostalgia (I was 9 in 1961) or how it performed 23 years ago when I bought it but because it serves my needs today. If somebody would build something as tough and reliable as that old truck I'd buy it (new is nice) but I haven't seen anything out there that does the job any better. I'm not an over the road long haul guy but instead do excavating and the B model and 27 year old DM make me money. It's discouraging to see todays disposable throwaway trucks and equipment full of electronics that screw up and leave you stranded with BIG repair bills. As long as I can still get parts and keep them going, I plan on using the B and DM and make money. Isn't that why we all do this anyway? RS Martyn

Ain't a Mack? Take it back!

Hi Guys, My 1961 B61 Mack is the best thing I've ever owned but not for the nostalgia (I was 9 in 1961) or how it performed 23 years ago when I bought it but because it serves my needs today. If somebody would build something as tough and reliable as that old truck I'd buy it (new is nice) but I haven't seen anything out there that does the job any better. I'm not an over the road long haul guy but instead do excavating and the B model and 27 year old DM make me money. It's discouraging to see todays disposable throwaway trucks and equipment full of electronics that screw up and leave you stranded with BIG repair bills. As long as I can still get parts and keep them going, I plan on using the B and DM and make money. Isn't that why we all do this anyway? RS Martyn

. I could not disagree with you at all RS, my old superdog is worth around $30K here in this country and it still does the job of the 400 hp plus trucks here , and doesnt have any electronics, doesnt belong to a lease company, doesnt have interest rate rises,still gets a cert of Fitness,and doesnt make a hole in your pocket if it is parked up.

nigel :chili:

Glad to hear that Macks are the same the world over, making their owners money. Had a friend from NZ who used to import race horses to the US. He used to say that you can't go any further that NZ because if you do, you start coming back.

Ain't a Mack? Take it back!

Glad to hear that Macks are the same the world over, making their owners money. Had a friend from NZ who used to import race horses to the US. He used to say that you can't go any further that NZ because if you do, you start coming back.

yep, a 2 day drive and its all over.but then you can watch the other side of the road on the way back.

nig :chili: