My Friend My Friend We out here doin' it again

1 minute ago, mowerman said:

Excellent I think 2006 was the last of  them RD  thanks for that… bob

You're welcome Sir!! Now it's time for some much needed Rest here at Lounsberry Truck stop here in Nichols,NY.17159578684882120360737569511208.thumb.jpg.1b149c7ed79d8e1e8dfe91debbedac4f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Wow, CB radio same thing with them 2006 with about the last of them ha ha at least my area. Good luck trying to find somebody with one. I’ve been running an ears since 1976. God, love you enjoy your rest, bud

• Like 1

Wound up with a six day vacation that’s OK I’ll take it. I’m going to be doing yardwork most of the day. I was going to work on the Mack this morning, but got up too late tomorrow morning for sure. Lots of work to do….

• Like 1

Forgot to mention, I have the same CB as you do, but it was worked on in Fontana California has a bigger board that thing will get out there a handful of guys I talk to  every day, but for the most part Freight trucks don’t even run them anymore Everybody’s gone to XM and cell phones 

• Like 1

Hey Rubber Duck,

How is Lounsberry these days? Haven't they become a Liberty Travel Center or something like that? I used to stop there twice a week on my NY run back in the 1970s when they had sit down diner. I haven't been to NY State in over 15 years or so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, navypoppop said:

Hey Rubber Duck,

How is Lounsberry these days? Haven't they become a Liberty Travel Center or something like that? I used to stop there twice a week on my NY run back in the 1970s when they had sit down diner. I haven't been to NY State in over 15 years or so.

It's Pretty Decent and has a Burger King in it now....It's part of Ambest now

Burger King it reminds me of a truckstop. I ate it in Fontana California about seven years ago. They had a sit down restaurant and a Burger King. I chose the sit down restaurant. It was the worst slop I have ever had and I was wishing I would’ve just gone to Burger King Times times changed truckstop food used to be the bomb 

Sorry fellas fell, I didn’t mean to turn it into a bitch fest only reason I brought it up is because both those truckstops used to be independently owned and I would eat at both of them all the time when I was single… bob

• Like 1

This one actually serves decent food in their hot cabinet as well pizza,sandwiches etc. It's alot better than some I've stopped at over the years. I like it because it's close to the jobs jobsite and it's relatively quiet out here in the parking lot....also the employees seem to be really nice

• Like 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

This one actually serves decent food in their hot cabinet as well pizza,sandwiches etc. It's alot better than some I've stopped at over the years. I like it because it's close to the jobs jobsite and it's relatively quiet out here in the parking lot....also the employees seem to be really nice

Excellent sounds like you got it all there

• Like 1

As I mentioned, most of these truckstops have gone to fast food restaurants at least they’re consistent and you don’t have to worry about getting a dish of shit that you wouldn’t feed your animals Thank God I really don’t have to use truckstops anymore but it’s a real prize when you find one that serves good food clean showers, friendly service all a big plus 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark T said:

You're right in my neighborhood on that job. Looks like Vacri Construction's job.  Will you be going back to deliver there again ?

That's exactly who it is along with some other Companies. It's at Route 17 where it meets route 8 and 10. I will be back over this way Monday and also Probably next Friday. 

• Like 1

I often haul out of a pit there. They're waiting for new screens to come in and we cleaned them out of the material I get there.  Usually I'm close there.    Small world.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mark T said:

I often haul out of a pit there. They're waiting for new screens to come in and we cleaned them out of the material I get there.  Usually I'm close there.    Small world.

Well Maybe we can meet up at Lounsberry Sometime

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mowerman said:

Sorry fellas fell, I didn’t mean to turn it into a bitch fest only reason I brought it up is because both those truckstops used to be independently owned and I would eat at both of them all the time when I was single… bob

not a "bitch fest: you are doing your part as an American trucker to advise others as to an experience which they may want to avoid. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mowerman said:

Excellent I think 2006 was the last of  them RD  thanks for that… bob

You mean RB? That’s what that truck is.  Terry:MackLogo:😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mechohaulic said:

not a "bitch fest: you are doing your part as an American trucker to advise others as to an experience which they may want to avoid. 

Yeah, let’s face it. Nothing is like it used to be 16 weeks baby. I’ll be waving goodbye for the entire industry. Not going to look back. My checks are huge gonna miss the money but it’s not even worth it. The fun days are all over.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mowerman said:

Burger King it reminds me of a truckstop. I ate it in Fontana California about seven years ago. They had a sit down restaurant and a Burger King. I chose the sit down restaurant. It was the worst slop I have ever had and I was wishing I would’ve just gone to Burger King Times times changed truckstop food used to be the bomb 

I can tell yah the worst place I have ever stopped for tucker was Belyando Crossing Road House

My god the steaks are like a bit of retread from the 70s

Showers were dear as all get out, however theres not a lotta choice and it is better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick

Screenshot_20240518-135622_Maps.thumb.jpg.3d3d176204c82227404464b7dd807d31.jpg

Anyway, all first world problems really

Paul

• Like 2

Now the Inaminka Road house out in the dead heart country was brilliant back in the 80s and 90s stop there at night and the bloke running show would great you with a cold can, had a huge fire going out side and after a few drinks no one was a stranger

A top place, haven't been there since the mid 90's 

Screenshot_20240518-140115_Maps.thumb.jpg.e5b6706cf5dcb4be088d5141771ba534.jpg