Air dryer / 12 speed

Hi I have a 96 RD that I’m installing a 12 speed in. The truck was born without an air dryer. The transmission has its own little spin on filter where the air line comes into it. My question is whether or not I need to install an air dryer on this truck or is the transmission filter sufficient? The truck is never run in the winter. 

I never had a air dryer, didnt even know they  they existed until a few years ago and all is fine

that been said, you need to drain tanks daily in shitful muggy conditions a few times a day

The oil stuffs the air valve fittings and pancakes etc as well as o rings

I dunno how you stop the oil in the air when it's really muggy, reckon a air dryer would pay for itself pretty quick in that environment, depends were you operate but I don't think it would be a wasted investment 

Paul 

I put AD-4's on my stuff, and never had a problem. Ran air start, If I got anything out of the wet tank, it meant I needed to look into what was causing it. Most often it was air leaks. I would go 30 min between compressor cycles running down the highway. If it cycled in less than 15 min I had work to do.

Air drier alone isn't much good if the air system leaks like a sieve.  Air drier can't do its job if it is constantly cycling.

• Like 1