Australia Day

mrsmackpaul

6 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

26th of January is Australia day

It's the day we became Australian citizens and no longer British subjects

So from the greatest country on earth to any other Aussies on here, have a great one and keep on living the dream and tell the Looney Left to bugger off

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY 

FB_IMG_1706256024336.thumb.jpg.d2511d0825646748d878fc2d048a1cb0.jpg

Paul 

And what year was that Paul ?  In any case enjoy the day..thankful we have such a good ally in that part of the world😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Horse said:

And what year was that Paul ?  In any case enjoy the day..thankful we have such a good ally in that part of the world😎

The change started in 1948 and was completed in 1984

The date comes from 1948

I think the U.S. is a bit like Australia in the way that before we had federation in 1901 we were made up of colonies, because of this every state celebrated Australia day on a different date when I was young 

This changed and by the 70's all the states had the same day

In the 90's the federal government made it official 

Paul

• Like 1

Paul, Have a happy Aussie day!!!!!  and thanks for the history lesson.. I would have said you folks were independent long before then?? Even pre WW 2????

I know Canada's day is July 1st, but I do NOT know what year???? I was on a pleasure boat in the St. Lawrence river in 1967 when Queen Elizabeth came up the river in her personal yacht (a refurbished mine sweeper??) on her way to Ottawa to celebrate the occasion.

Brocky

Brocky we were our own country on January 1st 1901

But we remained British subjects up until 48

The first Australian war that Australia fought under the Australian flag was the Vietnam war 

Paul 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Brocky said:

Paul, Have a happy Aussie day!!!!!  and thanks for the history lesson.. I would have said you folks were independent long before then?? Even pre WW 2????

I know Canada's day is July 1st, but I do NOT know what year???? I was on a pleasure boat in the St. Lawrence river in 1967 when Queen Elizabeth came up the river in her personal yacht (a refurbished mine sweeper??) on her way to Ottawa to celebrate the occasion.

As I remember Canada Day is the birthday of British queen Victoria. So since the year she was born? :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012