There was one around 350 miles from here. I was thinking too bad. That thing is in the middle of nowhere and too far for everybody, but last time we were through there  it was gone.395 inyokern California area …. I’m sure I’m not the only one that saw it pretty well traveled area.

a question many face today . all of what Matt stated plus , personal situations  such as cost to haul it , storage availability . hate to see things go to a scrap yard , can only save so much. future parts for those "down the road "projects. how often most will say = had a chance to buy --- . now wish I did .

• Like 1

They appear to be known for rusting out along the bottom back of the cab so that is the first place to look. However, in my limited experience having fooled around with 4 of these cabs now, another place to look is the bracket that bolts to the lower rear portion of the fenders (just in front of the fuel tank). The bracket itself is fairly robust (about 1/8" thick) but the part of the cab that it bolts to is made of sheet metal and appears to be prone to rusting out. Of the 4 cabs that I have one was in pretty good shape there and the other 3 were all rusted out. It is not an obvious place to look and is a bitch to access in order to fix. 

Edited by Licensed to kill
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mechohaulic said:

a question many face today . all of what Matt stated plus , personal situations  such as cost to haul it , storage availability . hate to see things go to a scrap yard , can only save so much. future parts for those "down the road "projects. how often most will say = had a chance to buy --- . now wish I did .

Shipping is so expensive on something like that, lotta times it’s cheaper to rent a trailer and hoist and drive out and get it …

• Like 1

That's looking pretty good! Really complete and relatively rust free. The areas I always look at seem solid from the photos. Sills, floor and cab back look real good. If that's all going if the price is right, I don't think you'll go wrong. Is this for the B81 or just to have?