Shipping from the land of OZ

Been searching for parts and have found several in Australia that I have not found anywhere else. With their $ pretty close yo par for ours, the prices seem on par, more or less, with parts in the US comparing the Oates that I have found in both countries. However, shipping is bad within Canada and horrendous from the US. However, shipping from China can be downright cheap (go figure) so the shipping from the far side of the world is not necessarily going to be prohibitive. In fact, shipping from China is cheaper than shipping within Canada🙄. Anyways, has anyone brought in parts from the land of OZ and, if so did the shipping seem reasonable or typically high. The place I am finding users is here if anyone has experience with them also. Thanks IMG_2098.thumb.png.b1ce7ce3aecb395406c32815699e683e.png

I visited the late Ian Lee's home shop, as well as meeting him at Tony Champion's open house, in August of 2015. All the Aussies I met on that trip seemed to be square shooters.. Since you are located in Canada some of the old British Commonwealth tariffs and shipping may apply?????? Have you contacted Tony Champion looking for parts????

Brocky

A lot is gunna depend on the part your chasing and how quick you want it

Air freight is pretty dear, especially if it is heavy or bulky

I have bought plenty of parts from the States before for plenty different bits of gear

Champions may be able to send stuff thru Mack at a really good price, I know Cat will take ACMOC stuff for stuff all, ACMOC is Antique Caterpillar Machinery Owners Club 

I feel Mack will or would do the same for getting stuff from the State's 

Big companies have shipping containers booked every single day going all over the world empty or full and Cat would some times put our gear in a empty container coming to Australia 

A lot of big companies ship charities gear all over the world for free like this

But it can take quite a while to get there

I know of two people that ship from the U.S. to Australia regularly and I pay by the cubic meter in the shipping container

There is no doubt the same tin boxes heading back State side 

If you are prepared to muck about a bit it can be much cheaper 

I have sent stuff for people on the forum before but freight is a challenge bothways

Paul 

I talked to a guy over 30 years ago at Oakland California Mack dealer he was from Australia.. he told me it was cheaper to buy a brand new R model here and have all the driver components changed to the right side and transported back home than it was to just buy one in Australia… like wow man