ENDT675 or E6

Midwestmover

Guys,

new here, but I’ve got an ‘89 R model Mack and I’ve recently learned it must have been a glider Kit as the mondel number is RD600GK.  It’s a non aftercooler engine and I’m not sure how to differentiate between an ENDT and a 2 valve E6.  I’m needing g to find a top turbine aftercooler for it as a standard aftercooler would not fit in front of the radiator. 

IMG_0038.jpeg

IMG_0039.jpeg

IMG_0048.jpeg

Looks like the re-man center didn't do its job with the data plate, I'm guessing it was rebuilt in 1990, the year that the E-7 came out..  maybe Mack can tell you what it is using the 11GBA number..  although, terry did say what it is...  Looks good to me..

Edited by Joey Mack
Pore cell fone sperring

11 hours ago, 880joe said:

Didn't e6's have drive in freeze where the endt's had screw in freeze plugs

the change over from screw plugs to drive in was more a manufacturing change. more then likely it was a cost cutting change, swore at many screw plugs when installing block heaters, some of which (with magnet close by )  had to be drilled in half to remove. drive in made life easier ; I didn't have much faith in the block heater style when installed in drive in port. I left Mack in summer of '75 the drive in plugs had been showing up before that.

The hell I went through getting block heater out of my 673 when I put spin on filters.  Geez what a mess that was.  Glad I got the new plug installed and didn't leak!  Heater won't fit behind spin on filter housing.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"