Looking for photos of a B-61T with END673 for reference

Keith S

I bought a rough and partially assembled '53 B-61T with a END673. The engine supposedly runs/ran.

I'm not sure what's coming from the Mack Museum, so I'm looking for diagrams and photos from a running B61 with an END673.

Specifically:

• Fuel injection lines - to and from the pump. This is what I have: 

AtShop(10).thumb.jpg.24d02cbd136afd74bffe3ae05d56dead.jpg

• See above photo:
    • Engine compartment air lines and routing: See above photo
    • Air intake routing
    • What mounts on top of the exhaust manifold -
  • Engine accessories - generator/alternator brackets. Someone "installed" power steering.
    • AtShop(18).thumb.jpg.37f3fd21aef7e60d4cf01d6619b928c2.jpg
  • Steering gear
  •  
    • B-61Steeromg(2).thumb.jpg.a3979e4eb916e24a50843ffc41f96733.jpg
    •  
    • B-61Steeromg(1).thumb.jpg.58bdc3de02a9e8f252bb39973c499536.jpg
    •  
    • B-61Steeromg(4).thumb.jpg.c2ca002315e7f31007b226991a17d49d.jpg

FYI: I'm not converting it to electric (but I may install electric power steering).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Not sure about that notch in the frame where the steering box is...

That concerns me also. Generally speaking, you can drill or cut holes in the vertical web of the frame and not loose much strength, but no holes or cuts on the top or bottom flange. That cut right in front of the spring hanger, subject to steering forces is something I would have to address. That has a major hole and multiple minor holes in the web right where the top flange has been removed.

Please consult a good frame shop before going further.

Glad to see you back on again this is a 65B755 with factory shepherd power steering box you’re steering column looks good for the mod if you need measurements or specs for the sector shaft length I can get that the frame mod is not good but you can fix that I will try to get some more pictures from a B model that was converted to a 711 may help a bit 

1000000079.jpeg

I'm upgrading it before it's on the road. More batteries and another motor.

I'm working on the B61 to get an idea of where it's at:

It's rough and missing a lot of parts - that's why I'm trying to get pictures for the routing of air line, fuel lines, intake air...

I finally found some information on the BARTLETT 8A1 lifting 5th wheel:

• MackBefore(8).thumb.jpg.c4d91848ee3ab7dda546db2d489cbc04.jpg\
  • Kinda rough with lots of repair welds and extra bracing.
  • Haven't found any documentation on it - the rubber billows (photo below) makes me think in air powered.
    • I finally found an inlet fitting - but nothing fits it.
    • It might be an airline bulkhead fitting - like the fitting for the front brakes . It's the only fitting I haven't tried.
  •  
    • MackBefore(5).thumb.jpg.4f6a9ddb4d09e3acd8459b64dc830d68.jpg
  •  
  • Mack(29).thumb.jpg.20ffc2b7688b5b39601151d4aea840d5.jpg

Since you bought the truck as is, you may be unaware that there should be a thin strip separating the two windshields. I have a cab striped down past it's panties and can take some measurements and pics of what it needs to be so you can replace it if you need.

22 minutes ago, D is for diesel said:

I put a 89 f150 together that was a frame and cab and an engine with all the harnesses , vacuum lines and everything else in the bed and cab in boxes that the previous owner took apart.  I know from experience that good pictures and diagrams help a ton.

Aint that the truth. I striped a Ford model A delivery to the bare frame to resto-mod it and took some pictures along the way to help in reassembly. Unfortunately, I did not take enough and many of the one I DID take, I could not figure out what they were suppose to be when I needed them. In hind sight, what would be nice is if I could have made short videos rather than stills and started out a ways to get my bearings on what part of the truck I was looking at and then zoomed in to the detail I was wanting to capture so I could tell what it was and where on the truck I was looking. Close in shots show the detail but I found often were unrecognizable. Took some pics on my B-61 when I striped IT down to the Fram as well but, again not enough. Fortunately, with the MACK, I have another truck all together (as yard art) to refer to.

12 minutes ago, Licensed to kill said:

Aint that the truth. I striped a Ford model A delivery to the bare frame to resto-mod it and took some pictures along the way to help in reassembly. Unfortunately, I did not take enough and many of the one I DID take, I could not figure out what they were suppose to be when I needed them. In hind sight, what would be nice is if I could have made short videos rather than stills and started out a ways to get my bearings on what part of the truck I was looking at and then zoomed in to the detail I was wanting to capture so I could tell what it was and where on the truck I was looking. Close in shots show the detail but I found often were unrecognizable. Took some pics on my B-61 when I striped IT down to the Fram as well but, again not enough. Fortunately, with the MACK, I have another truck all together (as yard art) to refer to.

Yea. I have done that to myself too. Videos do help. I've started doing that when I can. I always have the wrong angle or not enough pictures. I always think that I will remember where it goes or it will be put back together tomorrow and then it sits for a week. I did find taking a pic after one thing is taken off helps. Then it's really like a manual too because then you just go backwards in pictures.