Looking for photos of a B-61T with END673 for reference

Keith S

When my son's Triumph Thunderbird came due for valve adjustment service, we bought the on-line factory service manual to get the procedure.  As we did it, I took detail photos of every step.  Then, I cut and pasted the instructions into a word document and pasted my pictures in with the instructions.  Where something didn't make sense, we changed the sequence or the wording to make it work better.  We added notes, hints, and warnings as we found things along the way.  What we ended up with was a super-detailed (and accurate) how-to book to do that job correctly.

I was trying to find a sample page on here, but I must have put it on my laptop at home.

I guess all that time I spent years back writing training manuals paid off!

In other words, I know how you feel!  Stuff is hard without something to reference!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

13 minutes ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

When my son's Triumph Thunderbird came due for valve adjustment service, we bought the on-line factory service manual to get the procedure.  As we did it, I took detail photos of every step.  Then, I cut and pasted the instructions into a word document and pasted my pictures in with the instructions.  Where something didn't make sense, we changed the sequence or the wording to make it work better.  We added notes, hints, and warnings as we found things along the way.  What we ended up with was a super-detailed (and accurate) how-to book to do that job correctly.

I was trying to find a sample page on here, but I must have put it on my laptop at home.

I guess all that time I spent years back writing training manuals paid off!

In other words, I know how you feel!  Stuff is hard without something to reference!

You probably put your tools away also. I'm not very good at either. Instead, I rely on my memory which I KNOW sucks, then have a hissy fit when I can't remember how to do something or where I left a particular tool. It is not uncommon for me to "lose" a tool that I had in my hand less than 2 minutes earlier. MANY years ago (in my 20's) I was working on a car in the garage and could not find my vice grips. While slaming things around in a rage my wife came out and asked what was wrong. I said "I JUST HAD MY VICE GRIPS AND NOW I CAN'T FIND THEM!!!!!?". I was irate. She's said "what is that in you hand??". I put them down and went in the house for a rum. I'm better now, not much...but better LOL. I can tolerate a lot going wrong but not my own stupidity. I have ZERO patience for that. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Yeah, I prefer to leave my tools right where they are while I am using them.  Put them up when everything's done.  But, sometimes the blamed things grow legs and wander off!

The older I get, the worse it seems to be getting.  Can't wait to see how it is next year!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

The passenger side photos with and without fuel injection are really good and make sense.

• It looks like there are several configurations for the non-turbo driver's side.
  • Mack(23)(Medium).thumb.jpg.960037dfb10ec2f1232923f7b7615b4d.jpg

For some perspective on two of the five vehicles I have in the shop:

• On the left is a 1990 Mini Cooper - curb weight: 1,500lbs.
  • On the right is the '53 B61 whose current weight (estimated by the hauler) is 13,500lbs.
  •  
  • Differ(6)(Medium).thumb.jpg.0e1eb21be1f3f86932bc98e9e2701aff.jpg
  • Like 1