Stuck in gear

97_Mack

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

I don't think clutch linkage breaks when you pop the clutch. That usually breaks other things. Input shafts, crank shaft, output shaft, axle shafts, counter shafts....

not saying clutch linkage broke; could be a bolt/ pin was loose and the "shock" of clutch slamming up did the trick . purpose of my recommendation to have some one under side while another moved the pedal. also questions like was it in gear when foot slipped ; can it be put in gear with engine running and clutch keeps it disengaged . not being there can only recommend. post stated he was going there today to check; hopefully answers are posted today or soon.

3 hours ago, Geoff Weeks said:

Not me! I used to be conceited but then I learned I was just great!😄 

i tell people "i used to be conceited until i found out it was a fault. and i am perfect so i can't be conceited"

to which my ex used to say yup, he is a perfect askwhole!!!   :twothumbsup:

• Haha 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

3 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Uhhh,,,   I wonder who you might be thinkin' of ??    OK,,,  It's Me !!  :) 

not just you. 

i have been known to apply for a darwin award or two. or four.

did i tell you about the time i was doing something on the passenger side of an E6 300 and slipped, stuffing my right hand straight into the spinning fan,  stopping it dead.....and cutting my hand in half 3/4 of the way down to my wrist, two fingers on side three on the other? 

thank god the engine was cold and the fan clutch worked. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Oh my F'n word..   well I did one almost a year ago..   Do you remember my pics of my burned legs??  

its a short video, and shows the Idiot that I am..  I used the wrong bottle of fire juice..  

My Legs get burned.url

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

and do you think your on that list alone !!!  list of stupid me is way tooo long to print.  give one =quit college to be a diesel mechanic !! 

It may be stupid to quit college and work on trucks, but if I had to do some college-type jobs day after day I'd have to hurt myself! At least when I was a mechanic I enjoyed what I was doing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, h67st said:

It may be stupid to quit college and work on trucks, but if I had to do some college-type jobs day after day I'd have to hurt myself! At least when I was a mechanic I enjoyed what I was doing.

the college courses being taken were for Police Science , ultimate goal was to become a State trooper . considering the yr was '71 + plan was to start  as officer for local dept then to State Police. At 6'1" I met the at the time height requirement . I would have been retired many yrs ago had that plan taken effect. barring any screw ups , the body may not be in the decrepit shape it's in now. NO  college desk job for me.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2023 at 6:24 PM, mechohaulic said:

and do you think your on that list alone !!!  list of stupid me is way tooo long to print.  give one =quit college to be a diesel mechanic !! 

Harder to find a diesel mechanic these days than it is to find a college grad.  Got plenty of those.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

sure do hope this forum receives a follow up to the clutch problem. possibly it was going to be looked at Sunday. I understand  a holiday and it's only been three days ; it's one of those post having many wondering = was I right , did I give correct answer . 

• Like 1

Yes sir..  I respond to posts daily, and very few respond..  I wish that Barry, can put a permanent message that say's..  Please respect the Great Knowledge that is given Freely, and keep in touch, whether you fixed it or you stopped for a minute, and just let us know..  

• Like 1
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 9:24 AM, mechohaulic said:

even a quick fix solution would be greatly appreciated  to let responders know . nothing else to let future questioners see possible fixes for their units. and for us ole folk to reassure us " see we haven't completely lost it "!!

On 9/8/2023 at 8:10 AM, JoeH said:

Probably was a quick fix otherwise he might be back asking for other solutions.

On 9/7/2023 at 8:41 PM, Joey Mack said:

Yes sir..  I respond to posts daily, and very few respond..  I wish that Barry, can put a permanent message that say's..  Please respect the Great Knowledge that is given Freely, and keep in touch, whether you fixed it or you stopped for a minute, and just let us know..  

On 9/5/2023 at 7:41 PM, mechohaulic said:

sure do hope this forum receives a follow up to the clutch problem. possibly it was going to be looked at Sunday. I understand  a holiday and it's only been three days ; it's one of those post having many wondering = was I right , did I give correct answer . 

Sorry for not having checked in sooner guys. My father wound up getting sick so we haven't had a chance to take the floor and shifter out. As soon as we're able to do so I'll be back with news/other questions/etc.