Deleting Pictures

other dog

I just saw a post the other day explaining how to manage your attachments and delete pictures, but of course I can't find it now.

Anyhow, I could get on the computer and delete pictures willy-nilly but everything works a bit different on the phone. I can't get on the computer much now anyway because the internet here absolutely sucks and Zina needs it for work. I don't want to call hughesnet again like I had in Gladys because they- whoever "they" are- keep saying the new fiber optic high speed internet is coming to this area soon. 

So back to the pictures- I started going through my pictures I'd posted yesterday, some as far back as 2008. I went through I don't know how many pages and checked well over 100 pictures to delete. And when I did I got a message saying something like "sorry but we can't find what you're looking for now". So I started over and deleted a few, and what I discovered was that if I deleted pictures on one page at a time it worked fine, but if I tried to delete any more than one page I'd get that same message. So I went through about 20 pages of attachments and deleted quite a few, but it's a pretty time consuming process.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

22 hours ago, other dog said:

I just saw a post the other day explaining how to manage your attachments and delete pictures, but of course I can't find it now.

Was This It OD??

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

I have done a bit more complicated job in the past. I didn't want to rest my old posts with illustrations removed completely. But got to the limit on the attachments. So I copied those files on my computer, re-sized down to some tiny size (50-100kb) and uploaded them back deleting the originals. But I didn't post really great amount of pics during the times.

Starting from that point I try upload already resized images. But can't smallarize pics in a phone, probably need some software I don't have.

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 7/21/2023 at 4:07 AM, Joey Mack said:

I have deleted pictures from the attachments folder, however it also removes the posting that the picture is posted in..

I did not have that problem. The post stays the photo disappears.

17 hours ago, Vladislav said:

I have done a bit more complicated job in the past. I didn't want to rest my old posts with illustrations removed completely. But got to the limit on the attachments. So I copied those files on my computer, re-sized down to some tiny size (50-100kb) and uploaded them back deleting the originals. But I didn't post really great amount of pics during the times.

Starting from that point I try upload already resized images. But can't smallarize pics in a phone, probably need some software I don't have.

That's what I do on the computer, I always smallerize the pictures before I post them, but I don't know how to do it on the phone, or if you can. I can crop them, but they still seem to be just as big. I kind of hate to delete pictures too, but when it's a picture of a goat that I posted in 2014 I figure nobody is going to look at it now anyway, so off it goes. The only ones I haven't been deleting are the "a girl in a car" pictures 😂.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

2 hours ago, other dog said:

That's what I do on the computer, I always smallerize the pictures before I post them, but I don't know how to do it on the phone, or if you can. I can crop them, but they still seem to be just as big. I kind of hate to delete pictures too, but when it's a picture of a goat that I posted in 2014 I figure nobody is going to look at it now anyway, so off it goes. The only ones I haven't been deleting are the "a girl in a car" pictures 😂.

Good point, girls are more worthy than goats in the most cases.

I found a way to smallarize pics on the phone when really needed that. I was posting from my trip the recent time having no computer handy. What I did was sending a pic via Whatsapp to myself. Found that possible, probably had to make a contact in the phonebook with my own number, don't remember already. Than further after recieving overwhatsapped images I had to save them in a folder in a gallery since they didn't go to "Whatsapp images" for some reason. Than had them taken from that folder and uploaded on the site. 

They didn't go in a certain preferred size I would like to but became being something like 300Kb. Pretty reasonable in relation to 6-7Mb my (crazy or stupid?) phone uses to make.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012