Pictures of the Week

other dog

About the same schedule I had over the years.. Spent maybe half dozen weekends on the road, except for about 9 months when I had Thursdays off and loaded out of North Jersey for Atlanta on Friday and about 1/3 of the time I had a load in west GA waiting for me to be back north on Monday AM

• Like 2

Brocky

24 minutes ago, other dog said:

Both F models were good trucks. The orange and white one was a 300/5 speed and I drove it all over, when I hauled kyanite they loaded 14 pallets of it, which weighed 50,155 lbs. Unless it was going to Missouri, Illinois, or Indiana, then they only loaded 12 pallets.

How did the 300 and 5 speed handle that much weight? I realize the maximum speed limit at that time was 55 and I think the world generally moved at a slower pace but  you were probably at or over 80,000 pounds gross with that much payload.

1 hour ago, 67RModel said:

How did the 300 and 5 speed handle that much weight? I realize the maximum speed limit at that time was 55 and I think the world generally moved at a slower pace but  you were probably at or over 80,000 pounds gross with that much payload.

Actually it did a great job- or it seemed to at the time. I'm sure if I went back to driving it now after getting out of a 500 HP  truck I would think it was a slug though. It had 3.87 rears and it was comparable to the 350 Cummins they had as far as pulling. It was slow taking off from a dead stop, but once you got going it was fine. I remember having 25 tons of fertilizer in a van and went up Christiansburg mountain with it in 4th. gear. But most hills, like on 460 west of Blacksburg, and coming down rt. 8 from Butler, Pa. I had to pull in 3rd.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

We're still moving of course, spending the weekend at the new place. It has a sleep sofa that had never been used before, still had the plastic on the mattress. It is extremely uncomfortable.

Anyhow, we brought the corner cabinet over and my son helped unload it Saturday and I was putting my stuff back in it yesterday. I took everything out of it in Gladys and put it in a box. Some idiot had set the box down on the arm of the couch instead of putting it on the floor, then I- I mean he- bumped into and it fell to the floor. Broke the mirror off of everything in it. Broke the little tiny bulldog off the hood of the mixer too. 

PXL_20230529_141723673.thumb.jpg.7d5d674bdcaa96a4d4188268847019a2.jpg

PXL_20230529_141830698.thumb.jpg.a287a4a7a86af5e40987f92755c75f46.jpg

Old Bill sent me a lot of that stuff, like the Akubra hat with the crocodile hat band, and the leather Trimac cap. I bought the DM model in Macungie a few years ago, but it's too intimidating for me to even attempt to put it together. I might get a tube of Super Glue and some tweezers and try to put the bulldog back on the mixer, that's about all the model making I'm gonna try.

• Like 2

Cool photos thanks. We had a brand new sofa bed about 10 years ago. Thing was absolutely horrible to sleep on. You were better off sleeping bags on the floor.  Moving bar humbug I don’t want to do it anymore… Bob

• Like 1

Also, I have driven six of those photographs myself, of course different paint jobs  my  favorites were older international conventional and the T 800  and yes, I guess I could include the Mack F model   ..Bob

Great, found 2 more boxes of stuff to try to fit in there somewhere.

PXL_20230529_165951483.thumb.jpg.1e7a0f483172dca04643ae0a1ab63e4d.jpg

Found this ring that I got from H.H. Moore's for being there for 20 years. Me and my wife also got treated to a steak dinner at the best steakhouse in Lynchburg.

PXL_20230529_164632272.thumb.jpg.6e18db8fb3c969fe498ac538de306fc2.jpg

PXL_20230529_164747238.thumb.jpg.1fef2215aa81f0b5daeeee8098168714.jpg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Brian L Blaylock said:

That’s a good looking collection if that mixer is a first gear it will have an extra bulldog in the box if you don’t have the box they are the same on the 1/25 and 1/34 scale 

I got the bulldog and stuck it to a piece of tape, I'll stick it back on there when I get some glue. One of the mirrors is broken too, and the piece of the mirror bracket is stuck in the hole. I've just got it dangling by the top bracket.