Pictures of the Week

other dog

"Pictures or it Didn't Happen"- I know the deal. I figured I should take photographic evidence of this chicken in the grill.PXL_20230308_223215950.thumb.jpg.cc642881264e0eac9e00182df790cf56.jpg

I should have sent them to myself and went inside and resized them on the computer, but I gotta watch this chicken. I have my Miller Lite in this red cup, which holds 2 at a time. I'm on my 4th. cup...or is it the 5th?.. anyway, here's the chicken.

PXL_20230308_222658822.thumb.jpg.5edb792e943080fd782b05e7dc7157be.jpg

The chicken is the 4 items on the lower left, there's 2 pork chops right above it, and the other things are country style ribs- I think.

We just cleaned some stuff out of the freezer to make room for more stuff to put in the freezer so I put it on the grill, whatever it was 🤣.

I just slapped some barbecue sauce on it. I have a great home made barbecue sauce recipe by the way, if anybody wants it.

And then there's this-PXL_20230308_183109029.thumb.jpg.fda318ca52d21cc943e99dc8640aad57.jpg

That's the left front tire on the pickup. 

PXL_20230107_184846262.thumb.jpg.5696bffaa12fc340af317f6afec4e8cb.jpg

It has lots of tread left, but I'd better be getting some tires. I can't drive it like that.

• Haha 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Here's the original barbecue sauce recipe as it was given to me-

aaaa333.jpg.3f1509ccfcc91d8cf9a0b21d6944fb69.jpg

Of course I tweaked it a little. I made it exactly by this recipe at first, and it tasted like vinegar. It takes a lot to change the taste of a gallon of vinegar.

I probably left the red and black pepper and the hot sauce as it was- you could use more or less, just depends on if you want it hot or not.

But I just poured a whole bottle of Worcestorshire sauce in it, a whole bottle of liquid smoke, and I poured the whole bottle of garlic powder in.

I don't even keep it in the refrigerator, it's got enough vinegar to keep it from going bad.

Mine looks like this now. I don't use the vinegar jug any more either, I bought this fancy barbecue sauce holding bottle. Probably shouldn't have shaken it up, oh well.

aaaa331.jpg.086e76bc2d7ebf9b3836bbad4d9c4110.jpg

This sauce isn't for everything, you probably won't want to dip your chicken Macnuggets in it, but for grilled chicken, or pulled pork barbecue it's the cat's ass. It has very little sugar and it's very thin so you can brush it on chicken every time you turn it and it won't burn.

The reason mine looks so tasty- right?- is because every time I empty a bottle of that "store bought" barbecue sauce, like you dip the macnuggets in, i'll pour some of this in the bottle, give it a good shake, then pour it back into this bottle. That's the reason it has any sugar at all, and I think it gives it a little more flavor, but that just personal preferrence.

The chickens look good, the tyre looks bad. I also see someone emptied down a bottle of Vodka at a certain time.

Actually cracks in rubber are crytical if they allow water (actually sand with water) to access cord threads where they can rub them through. There's no steel cord in sidewalls, only nylon. So no rust issue from water getting to. But I can take it's easier to swap old tyres just for peace of mind.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

2 hours ago, Vladislav said:

The chickens look good, the tyre looks bad. I also see someone emptied down a bottle of Vodka at a certain time.

Actually cracks in rubber are crytical if they allow water (actually sand with water) to access cord threads where they can rub them through. There's no steel cord in sidewalls, only nylon. So no rust issue from water getting to. But I can take it's easier to swap old tyres just for peace of mind.

Yes, that was an expensive barbecue sauce bottle, but when you buy the bottle you get a half gallon of vodka for free! 😁

And yeah, the tire situation sucks😞. All that tread left and it's got all those dry rot cracks too. And tire prices have gone up like everything else. It'll cost me a fortune to put 4 tires on it. That tire won't pass the state inspection. The only good thing is somebody has already offered to buy the old ones to put on a farm truck, and use them for playing in the mud. They'll last a long time on a farm truck or a hunting truck.

• Like 1

You should have seen the dry rot on my B model tires they were capped on 1990 and the truck was never used it still had bandag on the tread when I bought it the cracks were so bad you could stick a screwdriver in the side wall cracks and it would stick straight out lol

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

This is the most snow we've had all winter. I guess I shouldn't complain, I'm not a big fan of snow and ice but I do like it cold in winter. If it was colder maybe the flies, ticks, and mosquitoes wouldn't be as bad in summer. Ticks were bad last summer- bad.

The dog had 29 snow flakes on her back.

PXL_20230312_135547257.thumb.jpg.356bfaa5c3e8f9eee01cc0cd1e9e8e9e.jpg

Nothing to see here...

PXL_20230312_164407319.thumb.jpg.478c023a00db53306a5ce77f22842318.jpg

PXL_20230312_164418592.thumb.jpg.86d2aa8c4b0a5804560ac9d6d8bc9124.jpg

BBQ sauce looks interesting, hope I dont have to go to Texas to get Texas pete, and what is liquid smoke ?

Perished tyres aren't a problem if you dont look at them, that movie "Worlds Fastest Indian" they just fill the cracks with shoe polish and go and break a land speed record 

I guess the modern generation are becoming a little precious LOL 

Well done on the 5k walk or run 

Paul 

You don't have to go to Texas, to get Texas Pete,. Paul...  You need to go to Winston-Salem N.C.     That's were it's from..  :) let me know when you get here, I will drive up and visit you .  Jojo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

BBQ sauce looks interesting, hope I dont have to go to Texas to get Texas pete, and what is liquid smoke ?

Perished tyres aren't a problem if you dont look at them, that movie "Worlds Fastest Indian" they just fill the cracks with shoe polish and go and break a land speed record 

I guess the modern generation are becoming a little precious LOL 

Well done on the 5k walk or run 

Paul 

This is liquid smoke-PXL_20230313_185238694.thumb.jpg.197e62570d7b31eaf5c23bc2ba74d285.jpg

There's different brands, this is just what I happen to have. I couldn't even taste 2 tablespoons, or 3 tablespoons in the vinegar, so I just poured a whole bottle in.

And he said "Texas Pete" meaning hot sauce. It's probably the most popular hot sauce around here, more than Frank's or Tabasco. I didn't know there was any other kind of hot sauce the whole time I was growing up. 71SslD8hbZL.thumb.jpg.92dd3662d04c9fa2166605b8f0b01f93.jpg

Any kind of hot sauce you prefer would be fine for this sauce.

• Like 1

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02sNNrWf1KwSbPmoguDz53UznVfHFgSQRAgjiER3bK4Avo7N1hVTPASeayvYjHMaQ3l&id=100003315522508&mibextid=Nif5oz

I don't know if this link will work or not, I can't work this phone as good as I can the computer, but somebody made a little video of a bunch of nice looking F models. 

This one that I used to drive was in it-Screenshot_20230315-084416.thumb.png.9dbfdad9259c49ee7ee98e170a502f10.png

There was several there that I recognized, Underdog's 2 F models were in there too.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 3:10 PM, mrsmackpaul said:

Done deal Jojo, we can have that beer we have spoken about before

Hell lets have more than one beer, throw some bourbon in there is well and make a day of it

Paul

If you're going to do all that, I'm coming down there too. Winston-Salem's not far from here.

• Haha 2