Excessive off road wheel hop

DoubleFrame

TJC..  I just showed my wife your emojie..   She just started goin off,, all these yahoo's that think they can drive in and out of job sites at 25 mph, and whatever....  She say's, Hell they are on the clock, just slow down and move the load...   She's tough, boy..  I'm telling you..  When her shoulder heals and shes back on the road, she is going to be a force to be reckoned with...   jojo

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

My wife just chimed in..   She said when she has seen drivers wheel hopping, it was usually because they were trying to go to fast...  She drove dump trucks for 13 years, from '87 -2000,  before going over the road,  anyway.....   I think i'm just bragging on my wife at this point....   jojo

how lucky YOU are to have a wife to brag about.  if mine could drive my jeep , i'd brag  ;;she can't' and Your wife drives a trike ;; why you lucky ----

• Haha 1

Thanks Mech... and she can run a Pete 379 to Callie and back...  ask me how I know...   When I met Terri 12 years ago, she was a driver at a concrete pipe company that I had the fleet maint. contract with..  I heard a female voice one day, only to come around the corner to see a,  fit, blonde, with a sweet little A$$ step backwards out of the Columbia she was driving, and I said,,,,  WTF ???  anyway,  I guess she liked me too....  It'll be 9 years on 11/06/22..  jojo  now back to wheel hop... :) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

TJC..  I just showed my wife your emojie..   She just started goin off,, all these yahoo's that think they can drive in and out of job sites at 25 mph, and whatever....  She say's, Hell they are on the clock, just slow down and move the load...   She's tough, boy..  I'm telling you..  When her shoulder heals and shes back on the road, she is going to be a force to be reckoned with...   jojo

i tried telling the steering wheel holders if they slowed down in the quarries, they would not run the water wagons out spraying the roads with dirty mud water to keep dust down and making the trucks all mud brown. 

"if you see a dust cloud, you are going too fast" 

their response is, cant make no money driving slow. 

i get paid the same driving 60mph, or 6 mpg.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

11 hours ago, tjc transport said:

their response is, cant make no money driving slow. 

i get paid the same driving 60mph, or 6 mpg.

My Wife Just said..... Hell Yeah TJC,,,  "Thats what i'm talkin about"....   Im tellin you guys, if we were ever gathered up, and talking junk,,,  My wife will tear it up !!!..   jojo

• Like 1
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 6:34 AM, DoubleFrame said:

We use closed shoulder JKTyre JetSteel Indian drive tires at 120 psi. I’m going to put them at 110 psi and see if that helps. 

I would go even lower (80 - 90) , with out knowing your business I doubt your running a hundred miles to tip the load off

As long as the tyres dont kiss when your on a pavedroad moving quick I reckon you'll be fine 

110 is what most people that I know run on long distance type of trucks

Never known anypne to run 120, most shop compressors dont go that high

Paul

Michelin, recommend 110 in Steers & 85-90 in Drive & trailer Tyres for highway Running ... Or at least here in Australia..!!

EDIT: those pressures are COLD

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -