2013 CHU MP8 to MP10 swap

Just doing a little research here, was kicking around an idea, we purchased our truck and it happened to be deleted,  and as I understand it the cost to Un deleted it can get pretty expensive.  But allegedly the fmcsa came out with a clarification that the emissions are based off the engine year, and if I could obtain a  pre emissions  MP10 for a similar amount of money that it would cost to replace the emissions system to make it legal why wouldn't I go for the option to get a little more HP out of my truck, and then perhaps be able to drop the extra weight and gain more frame space for more important knickknacks that the def tank and scr filter and such take up. Thoughts? 

Im not sure if there was a pre emission mp10 unlike the 7.  I think it was 08 when it came out and I’m not sure if there was one that just had the nox sensor and egr like some of the early 2007 mp7s had. 

Edited by Onyx610

I believe the Volvo D16 came out in 2006 with EGR only and only in the VT880. Having worked on a few MP10’s , the engine is massive and is physically much larger than a MP8. Plus the radiator is huge. I’d think it’s next to impossible to cram it in a CHU.   Now get a CL with a bad engine and put the CHU cab on it and then paint the D16 red and slap some Mack stickers on it and you might be in business however getting  the Mack Vecu to talk to the Volvo engine ecm would be a miracle. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mackpro said:

I believe the Volvo D16 came out in 2006 with EGR only and only in the VT880. Having worked on a few MP10’s , the engine is massive and is physically much larger than a MP8. Plus the radiator is huge. I’d think it’s next to impossible to cram it in a CHU.   Now get a CL with a bad engine and put the CHU cab on it and then paint the D16 red and slap some Mack stickers on it and you might be in business however getting  the Mack Vecu to talk to the Volvo engine ecm would be a miracle. 

I agree you would need a few good skill sets to pull off that miracle From  Engineering to programing  as well as pull your welding and mechanical shit out of the case if your up to the challange! 

On 10/14/2022 at 6:44 AM, Walkyrie_Engineering said:

Thoughts?

It'll be more trouble than It's worth..........!!!!

Just My 2 cents worth.

• Like 2

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

On 10/13/2022 at 11:37 PM, Mackpro said:

I haven't been able to see one up close in person, I figured they would be bigger  but I didn't realize they were that much bigger. I had seen some videos of a guy with what appears to  be a newer pinnacle 64t that had fit one in but he drag races it so I suppose he probably did a lot of work to fit it in there