2007 Mack CXN613 E7 low PSI Engine Oil

This is what I put into the ASET C engine. All Pai parts which I beleive is aftermarket. Oh, and I also completely forgot to mention. I have 6 BRAND NEW INJECTORS that I picked up from the Mack Dealer; installed with this Overhaul as well! I lve spent a very damn good amount of money now and I’m over it, it doesn’t make any sense. Mechohaulic Thankyou for your input as well. Where is the location of the oil pad to this broken/weak spring that you have mentioned? Under the oil pan?

A58129D0-624E-4224-A72D-BB10BA422C64.jpeg

Edited by Shortdawg67

Wow!! a Mack dealer using PAI parts..   My local dealer is too proud to use them..  They will only use Mack parts,  which means they do very little E-7/E-Tech repairs..  and $3657.00 for the in frame kit is a good price,  thats around what I paid for the ASET-C I built in July..  Good luck... jojo

The oil pump has one, and inside the oil filter mounting should be another one.. if the filter mount was removed, was the correct gasket put back in??  Very important...  I can't post pics right now..  jojo

Is this where I need to be looking at? Inside that black oil filter?? Am I looking for a loose/ broke spring in there??? Also, do you guys see on the right side of the picture that dirty light blueish thing pointing upright what is that? Is there something that needs to be connected to that???8690DCCD-D1D8-4BA2-AA21-A56AF685DD4A.thumb.jpeg.821fdb8f6977821e526db4c9d881e60b.jpeg

Ok so the green part with the white filters would be the pressure relief valve?? Am I looking for the loose/broke spring in there? Do I replace the spring or replace that whole part?? That oil pressure sensor I’m gonna say is attached but not wired/connected to anything…

you say the oil pressure sensor may not be wired right..  thats an issue... You can put a gauge in the port that is above the oil filter, and compare the readings..  you may have good pressure, just a bad sensor/wires..  jojo

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Vmac3 said:

That blue "thing" looks an awful like a pressure switch for an A/C system. That does not look like a pressure or temp sensor.

V

On the oil filter pedestal? That’s the only thing that I saw that looked “blueish” and pointing upwards. 

Ok fellas. Go back to the picture with the oil filter housing for me. That green painted part. What is that called? I installed a new oil pressure sensor and that didn’t change anything. So if I change that green painted part I am really hoping that solves my low oil pressure issue for damn sure. Again, what is that part called? (Thankyou Dawgs!)

That's the oil filter pad/mount...  It ain't no easy change...you have to drain the coolant and remove the egr cooler with it.  I think you are going too far.  Have you put a gauge on the oil filter pad to compare it to what the trucks ECM is reading?

• Like 1

3325497F-6F6B-46C4-B021-8E11CE4F835A.jpeg.d1949d3dc2af4d5a020ac895c532cc30.jpegas far as I know is I’ve had my oil pump replaced from the first shop I went with  that is well known in my region quite some time ago.. I am not sure if they used aftermarket or Mack brand but hypothetically if they used Aftermarket; have any of our guys heard of this issue with the aftermarket oil pump having a problem with the spring???

• 1 month later...

What I mean is that, the truck pressure sensor goes through the EECM..  but a hand held gauge is actual.. if the hand held gauge is reading a different pressure, hopefully higher, then there may be an issue with the trucks sensor. 

5 hours ago, Shortdawg67 said:

I did put a manual gauge to the oil port to read it with the oil pressure gauge in the truck 😏 so I should read it from the EECU? What’s that mean if I can ask, lol 😅

What was the reading on the manual gauge?Please?

• Like 1