2007 Mack CXN613 E7 low PSI Engine Oil

you mentioned , piston cooling nozzle....  this engine has 6 of them...  did you mean something else?  the only reason to replace 1 of these would be due to damage, like bending it, for example.. jojo

Lol this day an age I tell ya, what a sensitive world we live in now 🤦🏻‍♂️ I hope so too brother Thankyou all for your inputs and help!! yes, there was one bent piston cooling nozzle and that one was replaced..

We had a 2005 CXN 613 with ac427 kept it till 1260000, all ways kept good oil pressure.  lowest was around 45 at 1300 rpm when pull hills, I have seen where wrong gasket installed on the oil filter mounting bracket to block, you might check that.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I’ve posted about this topic/issue on a Mack/Volvo Facebook group page to see what any/everybody else could think of regarding my troubles. I’ve had somebody mention that my Cam Bushings may be worn? They had also mentioned that sometimes those are over looked and skipped during Overhaul being done. So now I am asking, is that a big job and could that also be a possibility connected to my problem fellas?

It is true that the cam bushings are not checked during an in-frame..  the front of the engine is not taken apart during an in-frame, if there are no issues with the cam and lifters, that can be seen from below.  Its always a good idea to replace them, but usually it is not done. I have improved oil pressure in many E-Techs, by rolling in new rod and main bearings, and a new oil pump, ( make sure the pump gear is correct). Lets see what the other guys say..  Lots of great guys here... jojo

• Like 1

I will be checking in with the shop tomorrow, they had two trucks ahead of me they were working on. This upcoming week should hopefully be my truck to be worked on now. I will report back to here when I get some news fellas!

• 1 month later...

Ok, months later update dawgs. I’ve had my rods and main bearings completely replaced. I was shown the old parts that were in there before and those had some shave, scrape looking lines on them. BUT, even with replacing the rods and main bearings it did not solve my low engine oil pressure… it’s seeming like an Overhaul in frame IS going to have to be done fellas 🥹 what does everyone think??

did you check the internal oil pump gears for wear and the pressure relief valve for a weak spring and or scratches in the bore and on the piston?? and did you see the condition of the 13 crank journals before the bearings were rolled in?..  was the crank cut .010" and standard bearings were installed?... look at the old bearings to see if the part number has a P-10 after the part number.  the crank should have been stamped with the cut if there was one.   jojo

• Like 1
  • Like 1

okay Joey I will check in about that Thankyou 

With this 2007 mack cxn613 AC 427 Engine with almost 900k miles. 
I’ve had Installed A new ECU, new Oil Pump, new Oil Cooler, 1 new piston cooler nozzle(because 1 was bent) , new Oil Pressure sensor, new Rods and mains bearings. New oil filters along with new 15W40 engine Oil… Even with all these new parts I am still having my main issue which is low Engine Oil PSI/power loss performance. Because this is an ASET Engine; being very computerized… could the “technology”/sensors be the complications to the issue I am having?? 

• 3 weeks later...

Diagnostic lightning Bolt Codes in flashing I did myself manually through the speed control and holding down the SET button…

the codes I received in flashes are

2-1

7-3

can anybody understand the counts of the pattern numbers given??

I really don’t have much of an update fellas. Just been running my truck like this honestly until it will finally break down and it just doesn’t, not even shut itself off when the “engine shutdown” light come up and stays on… as I’ve said, when it the engine is cold it has no issues at all, until the engine is hot. That’s when the loss of Power/Chugging between gears(at the same time with blue smoke blowing out the exhaust) happens.. there are not leaks anywhere around the motor, I know the problems are internally, so I’ve bought an Overhaul Kit along with some Cam Bearings praying to God that by doing this, will solve all my damn problems with this truck..

• 1 month later...

Alright fellas here comes an Update Post. I have now had done an Overhaul kit put in to the ASET-C engine. I have also had a Cam Bearing kit put in and the Camshaft looked at for any wear, Camshaft is ok, previous Cam bearings did look worn up so the new Cam Bearings were put in. To my understanding the Overhaul Kit i ordered and had installed completed an In Frame Overhaul. So  let’s rewind now, I have now had replaced the ECM with a new one, I’ve had a new Oil Pump put in, a new piston cooling nozzle (because One was bent) put in, a new oil pressure gauge put in, as well as a new Oil Cooler put in, also had the main and rod bearings out in before the Overhaul Kit and Cam Bearing Kit….

I STILL HAVE LOW OIL PRESSURE 🤬 !!!!! Along with the Blue Smoke blowing out of the Exhaust when the Engine is Hot and has ran a load out 150 miles…. What else could possibly be my damn issue I haven’t been solving that’s costing me my ass?!?!?! 😱

• Like 1

The Lightning bolt ️ Comes on but turns off throughout my route and the Shut down Engine Light along with the buzzer comes on for my entire route annoyingly and never shuts my Truck down. With the list I have put in to this Truck. Im not understanding why what I thought was the last resort to Overhaul the Engine would have completely solved my problem. It did not. I’m not giving up guys, I’m just getting frustrated with this Truck that I’m trying to just have the way it’s suppose to run… 

I may be missing something here....  there is no reason that a GOOD overhaul is not performing... I'm sorry, but I know that I cant help you with the info you posted..  There are a lot of smart guys here, and maybe one will come up with a good direction for you...  Jojo

• Like 1