2007 Mack CXN613 E7 low PSI Engine Oil

ok... Not good.....  Is the oil pump new?  if the pressure regulator piston is gauged really bad it will reduce oil pressure. A broken spring is rare but possible..  I have had PAI oil pumps deliver around 10-PSI less pressure but still in range..  Remind us, please...   did you roll rods and mains?  jojo

Ive had installed a PAI Overhaul kit  (that included rods and mains bearings) and a new Oil Pump from Mack… but I had a whole different shop install that new Oil Pump and they said it was a Reman. Yet, when I took that invoice from that shop(that installed the oil pump) to the Mack dealer I had them look up the oil pump part number and the Mack dealer told me it was brand new, I was hoping it was brand new before Mack told because I paid 1,340 for that pump so it better be brand new! Shoot!!!

I don't know, Bud...   I dont know why you have crappy oil pressure, other than poor workmanship...  I'm really sorry...  was the oil filter pad assembly removed during the re-build?  the base gasket is crucial.. I'm grabbin' at straws..  jojo

Yeah it’s pretty insane to me. Yes the oil filter housing was pulled off during rebuild and I do beleive I had the correct gasket for that. Man. 😌 I do appreciate you all. I may have to try an all Mack mechanic as this guy who I go to works with different makes and has only worked on one or two Mack’s I believe during his career. He is not a bad mechanic, maybe just not so familiar with Mack’s?

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 6:26 PM, Shortdawg67 said:

Alright fellas here comes an Update Post. I have now had done an Overhaul kit put in to the ASET-C engine. I have also had a Cam Bearing kit put in and the Camshaft looked at for any wear, Camshaft is ok, previous Cam bearings did look worn up so the new Cam Bearings were put in. To my understanding the Overhaul Kit i ordered and had installed completed an In Frame Overhaul. So  let’s rewind now, I have now had replaced the ECM with a new one, I’ve had a new Oil Pump put in, a new piston cooling nozzle (because One was bent) put in, a new oil pressure gauge put in, as well as a new Oil Cooler put in, also had the main and rod bearings out in before the Overhaul Kit and Cam Bearing Kit….

I STILL HAVE LOW OIL PRESSURE 🤬 !!!!! Along with the Blue Smoke blowing out of the Exhaust when the Engine is Hot and has ran a load out 150 miles…. What else could possibly be my damn issue I haven’t been solving that’s costing me my ass?!?!?! 😱

The EGR Valve is operated by oil pressure! This is lily why you have blu smoke! My thought here after reading this whole thread over a couple of times!  (One) Take the pump down Make dam sure the pump is correct is the high volume pump! 

(Two ) I have seen the accessory drive shafts break I don't remember if its is welded to the shaft or not but the accessory shaft on some of the older stuff was bolted Is it possible that the pump drive is slipping on the accessory shaft?? that question is for Joey  as I don't remember my self!

If you don't resolve this by normal means I suggest you need to shim that relief valve Because the oil pressure needs to be higher just to run correctly !  Double check the pump Numbers Mackpro Got the where with all, to do this I believe ! You may want to check the accessory drive Bolt for tightness its behind the PS pump on the front 300 Ft pounds I believe ! Everything we choose to do from here on is A shot in the dark Sounds to me you have checked and double checked all the normal stuff!

Just my opinion!

• Like 1

Fuel diluting the engine oil? Is there a dent in the oil pan causing a restriction at the oil pump pickup?

F is right, those aux shafts cause a lot of grief. Seen them where the gear slips on the shaft. Does the oil pump pickup have the correct o-ring between the pump. Is the pick up sitting correctly on the oil pump?

Im grasping at straws aswell.

V

• Like 1

Oil analasys, yes it will.  You can also do a 'Halo test' on a piece of clean cardboard from a parts box, the brown stuff. The aux shaft, is behind the steering pump. It goes all the way to the air compressor.  It is driven by the cam gear and it runs, the steering pump, oil pump and air comp.   ITS A BUSY GUY.....  To remove it, you have to pull the steering pump off to get the nut off, then pull the air compressor off to slide it out. The oil pump stays in...  Jojo

18 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Oil analasys, yes it will.  You can also do a 'Halo test' on a piece of clean cardboard from a parts box, the brown stuff. The aux shaft, is behind the steering pump. It goes all the way to the air compressor.  It is driven by the cam gear and it runs, the steering pump, oil pump and air comp.   ITS A BUSY GUY.....  To remove it, you have to pull the steering pump off to get the nut off, then pull the air compressor off to slide it out. The oil pump stays in...  Jojo

In my opinion Do a proper lab oil test!

Correct me if I am  wrong however this problem existed prior to the rebuild and directly after  ! that in my mind kind of rules out fuel dilution! Worth a look thou leave no stone unturned cheap and easy! The gear slipping would follow along un detected! That said the oil sample should also pick up on some metal in the oil from a slip! No disrespect intended In my comment ! The halo test is fine if you strongly suspect dilution or coolant ! cardboard will pu on coolant these however won't pu on metal! hence the lab test comment! 

This here issue if it exists is one of those if it isn't broke don't fixit things the E6- E7 motor had no issues with the accessory shaft till they moved the PS pump to the front It all starts there!😬 this all started when they started morphing the E6-4V  to the E7 !

• Like 1

Oil analasys by far is best,. Maybe cut and oil filter open and remove some element to inspect for metal..  do these while waiting for the results of the analysts. Personally, I like to see what I can find, while waiting, especially when I have a short amount of time, and a boss/ customer looking at me for answers NOW..   :). 

• Like 1
  • Like 1