'86 E-6 4 valve Exhaust manifold, with Ambach Inj. Pump.

Joey Mack

I'm looking for an exhaust manifold center section or a complete manifold. The center section part # is: 104GC5124..  1986 RW-713/ 001522  E-6 (4- Valve) With an Ambach Inj. Pump...   Thank you, Jojo

I checked PAI website for you. It list the part but says  "out of stock". I then checked for a bunch of other parts and everything was out of stock. Even newer Freightliner parts. I'm wondering if something is wrong with the website ? 

If you haven't called and spoke with someone , might be worth a try ? 

A few years ago I got a turbo crossover pipe for my 237 very easily. I would think ? that would be harder to get than what your looking for. 

And if it turns out there is no more e6 engine parts , a lot of us are in trouble:(

Wish you good luck with your search  

Keith 

880 Joe, The one I need is in a Superliner.... Snowdog, and Glenn, Thank you !! I looked at 6 other trucks with E-7's. They all had Robert Bosch pump's and the center section was 90 degree's and not 45 degree's. Please correct me,,,, but is'nt the fuel line arrangement the reason why Ambach engines have the 45 degree turbo mount, and Robert Bosch has the 90 degree mount? I put a water pump on an 88 Superliner today. It had an Ambach and the manifold I need..  Thank's guy's for responding... Jojo

Glenn, I'm glad you responded..  It helps me to think of questions, because I dont know or remember, and guy's like you have a ton of knowledge, on the E-6 + E-7's.. I have done a lot but, My knowledge starts with E-7 all the way through the E-Tech's, and a little bit of MP-7+8..  Thank you, Jojo

29 minutes ago, 880joe said:

I just thought thought the tilted manifold was a superliner thing. I didn't think it mattered what pump I'll look at my superliners and see

I'm not positive but I'm leaning to agree that the high mount turbo was truck model specific.  My superliner that I just converted from a robert bosch to an ambac has a high mount.  I don't think e6 and e7's were the same and a quick look at the pai book reinforces this, but I don't know if they can be made to work together.  Pai would be the first place I'd look for one, but who knows about availability anymore.

the manifolds are different where they bolt up, the E-6 (4 valve) is thicker, and the studs are around 5" long, the E-7 studs are around 3" long.. but I beleive the ports are the same, the gaskets look similar but the E-6 (4 valve)gaskets have 4 bolt holes instead of 2.  Being truck specific, does make sense,   and harder to get what I need..  the center section P/N is 104GC5124.. Jojo

• 3 weeks later...