A bulldog Taking Shape

The chassis looks nice! Glad to see you're making good progress during the years.

Is the engine a kind of 2nd generation AC engine? i know they were of cylinders and a head cast as one part. And yours looks newer.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

19 hours ago, Mark T said:

I can't believe how much the front springs look like something so much newer .

The springs are great - although I have had to re-make a couple of clips and re-do the bump stops and long studs. Today I have been hooking up the brakes. All mechanical, the footbrake operates bands on the ends of the jackshaft, the hand brake operates the rear drums. No front brakes. Most of the (many ) pivots and pins were worn, so I have reamed everything out and made up all new pins slightly oversized. Next job is to move the gearbox over slightly, it is about 3/16 out of true. One of the most remarkable things about this truck is the engineering that went into into it in the first place. Tolerances are close, and everything fits tightly. It is a joy to work on.

20220102_162725.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

The chassis looks nice! Glad to see you're making good progress during the years.

Is the engine a kind of 2nd generation AC engine? i know they were of cylinders and a head cast as one part. And yours looks newer.

Separate cylinder heads appeared in 1925 or 1926 I believe. This is a 1929 so is the later engine. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, paulbrook said:

Oh and my Christmas present from my son - he made up a few left hand threaded wheel studs.

20220102_162719.jpg

Funny thing you can fit a wheel of any modern American truck onto this hub and it would fit right up.

Ok, it woulf fit correct if it's a stud piloted style.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012