Hello everyone

Robo987

Thanks guys!

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

Wow that thing looks amazing for the age I’m thinking it was probably in a garage for most of its life have a ball with it and welcome aboard.. Bob

This thing has been sitting in this spot for about 10yrs, it used to be used a lot but times change and it just sat more and more until it went unused altogether. It’s never been kept in a garage the owner and the other guys that used it just took care of it.  I make the third owner.

10 hours ago, 70mackMB said:

Welcome to BMT and Happy New Year!  You can bring that right out to NH. l can use it as my daily driver! lol    .....Hippy

I would like to make it out to Pa one of these years but all in due time.  I think I’m a little past the hippy generation by about 30 yes or so lol.  Just like Rmodels with a steel dash.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

that's quite the find. 10yrs sitting and no BB holes in windows. all emblems are there! can of wax and its done-LOL. maybe some air in tires. '69 one of the better R's. solid hood  no three piece like later yrs. 

9 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

at 70 yrs old and eyes that  don't work as well can't  tell if it's a gold or silver dog on hood . hopefully in time you can post more pictures with specs. single axle possibly  237with duplex ? older green interior 

It sits in a pretty good spot that is off the road and tucked away in an industrial area with a single house that sits right behind it watching the whole yard.  It needs tires and the coolant hoses are old and leaking.  Both seats need recovered and it has a silver dog on the hood.  I don’t have to much info other than that the engine is an endt673c.  I’ll be posting more stuff when it warms up a bit more and I get caught up on some priority projects.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mowerman said:

That’s amazing that truck doesn’t look like it’s ever been outside … Bob

It does have some scratches and dings on the hood looks like from rocks but no major damage.  As far as I’ve seen it doesn’t need anything major just tlc and maintenance stuff.   Gotta get some fuel filters and throw some batteries in it and see if she’ll fire up here in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mechohaulic said:

can't see the scratches and dings in the picture. so no can of polish yet a can of compound  instead ;LOL , good luck on such a great purchase.

Thanks.  Ill post up more detailed pics and info when I get it dug out.  Can’t wait to get started on it.  

• Like 1

After sitting all that time I would remove all the injectors and shoot a bunch of mystery oil into the cylinders And let it sit a few days also remove the top oil line to turbo charger and shoot down there also and make sure pull off the shroud and spin the turbo charger several times by hand and make sure it is free and not Frozen  before you do anything else good luck

• Like 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, mowerman said:

After sitting all that time I would remove all the injectors and shoot a bunch of mystery oil into the cylinders And let it sit a few days also remove the top oil line to turbo charger and shoot down there also and make sure pull off the shroud and spin the turbo charger several times by hand and make sure it is free and not Frozen  before you do anything else good luck

12 hours ago, mowerman said:

Also make sure you pump up the hand pump on the fuel line Make sure all the air is out otherwise it’s not going to start

Thanks for the ideas.  I have a list of stuff I’m gonna go through and check out before I attempt to start it.  It’s cold here so it might be a couple of months.

17 hours ago, mowerman said:

Ya we got the  problem here I had 6 days off last week and too cold to do anything set in the house and watch television… bob

I’m trying to get some of the big projects done while it’s cold so I can play a little more when it’s warm.  Plus I’m not gonna try and start that thing when it’s been sitting so long and it’s cold out.  I’m pretty sure it needs a couple of coolant hoses replaced as well.

• Like 1

Hadda deal deal picked out Home Depot 220 volt ceiling heater was going to have electrician wire it in wife was kicking and screaming so hard about power bills after retirement I squashed the idea thanks for your input…I’m thinking some sorry of plug in floor heater.. Bob