Blink codes

Bluebulldog

ok. eng. computer.. when looking at it. the plug on the right. there is a sharp steel bail that holds the plug in tightly.  you can use spray lube to free it up, not too much.  if any gets in the socket blow it out with air. when you release the bail, you lift up and tilt the plug to remove it, they have tabs on the end opposite the wires. you may still have a bolt holding the harness' together. remove it, you may need to unplug both of them to do this... no biggie,  just be cautious...   the vehicle computer is behind the steel kick panel in the cab , right side under the fuse panel..  T-27 torx bolts hold it on, pull back the floor mat to get the lower bolts.. jojo

10 years total at 2 different Mack dealers..  and the truck you have is one that I have worked on since they were born..  I luv em'... I work for myself as a mobile mechanic here in central N.C. for the last 13 years...  I have worked for a few fleets that were Mack and Freightliner powered.. I don't mind telling my experience..... I like this site for many reasons, but a big one for me is that I learn a lot, and occasionally, I help someone..  I will try to keep my answers easy to understand ( no offence please).. .  I also have a large library of Mack books. P.M. me anytime in the future... if you feel the need too..  Jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
More content needed
  • Like 1

There’s some tests for the other codes. Let me know if you want them later and if you need me to send a better picture. This is pry good one to start with. Clearly start with the stuff Joey was talking about first.  

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2021 at 5:35 PM, Joey Mack said:

Just in case you chase wires in the cab.  They will say VJ1-2or3, then wire # then a letter, (a,b,c) for example.. those represent intersections in the wires, and then the wire size will be the last #.. The V stands for V.E.C.U.   jojo

Great info right here; I'm chasing a crank/no start code 6-4 problem on a new to us truck.  Can you explain what the intersection letters mean exactly?

it's basically were the wires make a change in direction, like through a switch or relay or module.. I'm a little rusty, but that;s the best way I can explain it. the pin # and ECU plug # will stay the same on the circuit, for example EJ1 26, is Engine module, J1 plug/connector pin 26.. or VJ1 12, is Vehicle ECU connector J1 pin 12..  I'm sorry if I'm not making sense, it's hard for me to type this, it would be easier if we were together looking at it.. jojo

On 1/10/2022 at 8:14 PM, Bluebulldog said:

We’ll I don’t know what has fixed it but started it today at about 10 degrees and it all worked 

I have been monitoring this thread and I didn't want to add anything else as there was a lot of good info here. Just curious, you said that you disconnected the engine ecu plug and checked it. Since you disconnected the engine ecu plug and reinstalled it, did the fault return? 

V

Have ran it all week in cold temps have not seen any fault codes.  Only thing I found was a wire rubbed to ground be hind the kick panel in front of the passenger seat.  

I see for some reason the odometer and the hour meter have stopped counting.  Had the odometer stop on the last one of these must be a week spot a 700,000 miles that’s where it quit to have to just use the hub meter!   
Thanks for the help!

• Like 1