B Model Car Hauler

:SMOKIE-RT: It's alive! :SMOKIE-LFT:

We went for a little test drive today and the truck's working great!

We've still got a few things to do but we're almost done.

We backed it under the trailer to check for clearance and it looks like there's going to be no problem.

001.jpg

3-6.jpg

4-4.jpg

Paul Lapp, the same guy that lettered our 55 Chevy race car did some lettering and striping on the Mack.

9.jpg

6.jpg

5-1.jpg

10.jpg

7.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We went to our first race with the Mack. The truck ran fine but it's a little noisier than I thought it would be. We still have some insulation to add though so I think it's going to be reasonably quiet when we're done.

We had planed to do a wooden floor in the box but we used aluminum checker plate instead to save some time.

1cr-2.jpg

12cr.jpg

Looks real good in front of the Car Hauler Jim

How did it fare at the track? I bet the truck attract a lot of attention?

GLENN

GRANDKIDS :Gods little gift to us for not killing our kids while they were growing up

All I want, is just to be luv'd and for my Check Engine light to go out on my Volvo.

Looks real good in front of the Car Hauler Jim

How did it fare at the track? I bet the truck attract a lot of attention?

Yes, it did get quite a bit of attention.

We got a few thumbs up going through some of the small towns on the way to the track. :thumb:

Jim

The truck ran fine but it's a little noisier than I thought it would be.

LOL!!!! Ya, welcome to my world LOL!!! Ya'll wanna trade for a weekend?? Come on....you'll love it :P Lucky my g/f isn't a talker and there is nothing on the radio as neither are possible to hear on the highway!

Jim, it looks AWESOME and I'm freak'n jealous as HECK!!

Compared to my rusty, faded rig:

Aug28_0002.jpg

Yes, it did get quite a bit of attention.

We got a few thumbs up going through some of the small towns on the way to the track.

You'll get used to that too. The main reason why I won't upgrade to something else(beyond the fact nothing else fits in the garage).

Couple weeks to go til Thompson!!!

I just had to tell the g/f that I have to cancel my reservation to her nephews wedding on June 5th(DOH!!) Priorities!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I generally dont't go for the modified look in a classic truck, but after re-reading the entire set of posts,i had my doubts about the final outcome of this truck,but i have to say it came out great! I admire good craftsmanship,and i for one would like to compliment your welder! really slick job on the tailight setup! the fit/finish is second to none i've seen. Everyone associated with this project should be proud of how it turned out!.............mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies.

We went to the local cruise night and the Mack was a real crowd pleaser.

I've been driving some nice old cars for a long time now but nothing seems to get peoples attention like the old B model does.

2cre-1.jpg

3cre.jpg

An old friend gave us a brass Mack emblem that he has had for years. We put it on the sun visor. I have no idea what year or model of Mack it came from. :idunno:

2cr-2.jpg

The truck's running great! We just got the air conditioning charged and it's blowing ice cold. Just in time, we're leaving on a trip of about 750 miles later this week.

I'll try to get a few more pictures in the next few weeks.

Jim

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies.

We went to the local cruise night and the Mack was a real crowd pleaser.

I've been driving some nice old cars for a long time now but nothing seems to get peoples attention like the old B model does.

[Jim

Jim, just wanted to pass along my quick "wow". What a great job. Fantastic. Of course, having done nothing but purchase a truck needing everything, I am not sure such compliments come with much weight as compared to others around this board. However, I offer them none the less.

-Rob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Jim, I just found your post, what a sweet job you did! I wish I had found it sooner, my wife and I just did a 66, B 61. We were going to use the D 644, and Allison, but ended up keeping the 711 mack and marrying it to a Fuller 15 and 3:90 Rockewell. We used lots of Dynamat, in and out, but still have more noise than we wanted. You put some nice detailing into yours, you have to be proud of her.I would be interested in some numbers on speeds, rpm and fuell milage and power. We are on our maiden voyage, so just looking to find out if we would have been better off with the 644/Alison combo. We run 55 mph at 1500 rpm a little low for the Mack keeps it quieter tho! Well, good luck on the track! Wayne

• Like 1