B Model Car Hauler

I don't have any good pictures of the hitch but I'll get some soon.

2010-01-24042.jpg

The receiver hitch fits under the bumper. It's a little hard to see in this picture.

309216crweb.jpg

Instead of mounting a 5th wheel in the box we're going to install a king pin that pops down level with the floor when it's not in use. The 5th wheel gets mounted to the trailer instead.

The re-chromed grill shell looks good. It's nice to have the Bulldog back up where he belongs. :thumb:

2010-01-24052-1.jpg

2010-01-24057-1.jpg

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

We're making more progress. It doesn't look like much but we've been working on stuff like wiring, getting the wipers working and plumbing etc.

We've finished painting everything except the box so we can start assembling things now.

We added a layer of padding and installed the carpet on the floor.

7cr-1.jpg

8cr.jpg

We got a new headliner from Watt's Mack and painted it beige. I think they actually refer to this paint as die, it goes on very thin and kind of soaks right in. The visors are out of an early 90's GMC pickup.

10cr.jpg

We sat the seats and console in place just to figure out where to drill the mounting holes.

11cr.jpg

9cr.jpg

We've still got plenty to do but it's starting to come together. Jim

Wow !!! Jim. The truck is looking incredible. sorry haven't been around BMT much anymore. I thought I'd stop by and look up your thread to see if you had any updates.

It Looking real nice!!!

GLENN

GRANDKIDS :Gods little gift to us for not killing our kids while they were growing up

All I want, is just to be luv'd and for my Check Engine light to go out on my Volvo.

We're making more progress. It doesn't look like much but we've been working on stuff like wiring, getting the wipers working and plumbing etc.

We've finished painting everything except the box so we can start assembling things now.

We added a layer of padding and installed the carpet on the floor.

7cr-1.jpg

8cr.jpg

We got a new headliner from Watt's Mack and painted it beige. I think they actually refer to this paint as die, it goes on very thin and kind of soaks right in. The visors are out of an early 90's GMC pickup.

10cr.jpg

We sat the seats and console in place just to figure out where to drill the mounting holes.

11cr.jpg

9cr.jpg

We've still got plenty to do but it's starting to come together. Jim

nice job and a great color i just wanne see the finisht pictures so go on greetings rene

The doors are on! :chili:

We'll probably get the side windows in tomorrow. We installed some speakers in the doors and attached a powered bass speaker to the console.

309742.jpg

309741.jpg

It's nice to see doors on this thing, I can't wait to install the hood and fenders.

309790.jpg

309810.jpg

309788.jpg

Well, guess we know who's truck will be parked out front at Thompson this year :thumb:

Pete will send me out to the back 40..... :unsure:

Fantastic work. I've thought of putting a radio in my truck........but would NEVER be able to hear it :pat:

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Thanks for all the comments, it's nice to finally be putting this thing back together. :banana:

Well, guess we know who's truck will be parked out front at Thompson this year :thumb:

Pete will send me out to the back 40..... :unsure:

Fantastic work. I've thought of putting a radio in my truck........but would NEVER be able to hear it :pat:

I'll be out in the back 40 with the 348/409 group. I hope you make it to Thompson.

I used to have an old Autocar with a 335 Cummins and no muffler. It was so noisy that I had to pull over to the side of the road to hear the CB radio. :(

I used to have an old Autocar with a 335 Cummins and no muffler. It was so noisy that I had to pull over to the side of the road to hear the CB radio. :(

LOL!! Ya, I know all about that. I usually have to "coast" to get it quiet enough. Or have it so loud it's so distorted you can't understand it anyway.

I would like to put some sound mat in my cab too. I have 3 layers of carpets/sound deadner on the floor, but the cab and doors could use some.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

We got the bumper mounted today. The original plan was to mount the air to air intercooler behind the bumper but after looking it over we would have had to use a really wide bumper. We would have also had to have spaced the bumper out quite a bit and it would have had to have a large hole in the center for air flow.

So, we went with plan B and decided to move the intercooler to a spot under the box. We'll use electric fans for air flow.

We ended up using the bumper from the International bus we got for parts. It was too wide so we cot 4 1/2" out of the middle and welded it back together. We also filled all the fog light and tow hook holes to give it a smooth look.

I'd love to chrome it but we'll settle for silver metallic paint.

309884.jpg

309879.jpg

We got the bumper mounted today. The original plan was to mount the air to air intercooler behind the bumper but after looking it over we would have had to use a really wide bumper. We would have also had to have spaced the bumper out quite a bit and it would have had to have a large hole in the center for air flow.

So, we went with plan B and decided to move the intercooler to a spot under the box. We'll use electric fans for air flow.

We ended up using the bumper from the International bus we got for parts. It was too wide so we cot 4 1/2" out of the middle and welded it back together. We also filled all the fog light and tow hook holes to give it a smooth look.

I'd love to chrome it but we'll settle for silver metallic paint.

309884.jpg

309879.jpg

Wow beautiful job guys,keep up the awesome work.

GG2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

We painted the bumper and I think it looks pretty good. :thumb:

It would have been nice to get it chromed but that would have been too expensive.

We added some aluminum checker plate to the top and installed a couple of fog lights.

4-2.jpg

1-3.jpg

We also added a strip of metal to the bottom so that we could install some small LED clearance lights. We only had three lights but we'll pick more up tomorrow to fill the other holes.

2-2.jpg

3-4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Beautiful... Just beautiful you guys did an increadable job.

Looks great.

GLENN

GRANDKIDS :Gods little gift to us for not killing our kids while they were growing up

All I want, is just to be luv'd and for my Check Engine light to go out on my Volvo.

As a firefighter, I hate to see an old piece of apparatus cut up, but you did an amazing job on this truck. Where did you get the LED's?

Yeah, I felt bad about using a fire engine. We were looking for a regular tractor but this truck came along.

We got the LED lights from our local Western Star dealer. They're made by Maxxima but most of the major lighting companies make similar lights.

http://www.maxxima.com/

Jim, I can't wait to see that in person!!! Come on June..............LOL (that's the Gasser Reunion, right?)

Yep!!! June 4th, 5th and 6th!!! :thumb:

I'll be there for sure. I hope you can make it.

scan12.jpg