What’s up with the AI 400

VBETtucking

I dont know what a Stienbauer Mariel is,  but I was wondering if there are E.E.C.U. settings that need to be changed.  Like a torque limiter, or a governor setting, . Do have access to Mack software, so you can check the "settings" and "preferences" that are turned on in the E.E.C.U.? Do you know the repair history of the engine, IE: cam job, E.C.U. replacement,  turbo, injectors,  I recently put injectors in an AC 427, using the v.i.n., only to find out later that the engine was not original. so I had Mack use the 11GBA # , and sure enough, they were the wrong injectors for that engine... anyway, I expect you are rulling out the simple things first, Keep in touch.. There are many smart people here... Joey

06' was the last of the E-tech's.  ASET series, Internal EGR or Cooled EGR.  The MP-7 came out in full force after that. There was an MP-7 introduced in 2004, I think it was also in CV chassis'... We called it the 'Bastard' truck at the dealership..   I guess I was curious, because I have a few ideas for the ASET but none for the MP... I've been trying to erase MP's from my brain.. :) jojo

Great Truck and Drive train combo....  The 400 and an 8LL should kick butt...  now i'm more curious.....  This is when I wish I had owned large fleets, and did more with specs....  I've alway's just fixed'em....   The 8LL is my favorite Non-Mack tranny...  as far as codes..... it's not about codes.... My thought's are, what are the parameters set too?    you may just need to flip a couple E.E.C.U. switches....   I have done this many times, but since Volvo took over, they have "Dumbed Down" the Mack guy's ...  who, in your'e area, has Mack Software?   Hell someone with an old Pro-link 9000 could look at it... if they have the V-mack cards..  jojo

11 hours ago, 880joe said:

Wasn't the early 1s etech and the latest 1s mp's

Very early CV’s had the last of the early Etech engines in them. This was only for maybe 6 months to a year then the CCRS ETECHs for maybe a year and a half then finally the AI ASET till 2007. Which also in 2007 you could get the CTP with the non-DPF MP7. This only lasted 1 year then the GU’s came out in 2008 with MP7 or MP8. And now we have the GR . There was also the CXP road tractor with the MP7 non-DPF that only came out in 2007 

11 hours ago, Mackpro said:

Very early CV’s had the last of the early Etech engines in them. This was only for maybe 6 months to a year then the CCRS ETECHs for maybe a year and a half then finally the AI ASET till 2007. Which also in 2007 you could get the CTP with the non-DPF MP7. This only lasted 1 year then the GU’s came out in 2008 with MP7 or MP8. And now we have the GR . There was also the CXP road tractor with the MP7 non-DPF that only came out in 2007 

This Mp7 year was the only one that kept the spinner oil filter of old!   Then 2008 they chucked that idea too made it totally pure bread Volvo trash  Swedish Vallhunds instead of a bulldog on the hood! 

Joe I"m A 18 Sp fuller believer ! Even thou I have got a bit of work out of the Mack trans over the years durability wise fuller is as good as any  Mack trans  and as I have said before cheaper to repair !Mack has innovations that work nice like the multi speed reverse that is nice to the dump application thou! That Is not offered by fuller !the expense issue still remains!  

• Like 1

Can't believe the dealer said they can't check the software level because it has no codes......S.M.H.......

There were several software updates that were released to correct all kinds of issues and several for low power, although it helped a bit, this model was lazy. 

Drive it like you stole it.

V

13 hours ago, Vmac3 said:

Can't believe the dealer said they can't check the software level because it has no codes......S.M.H.......

There were several software updates that were released to correct all kinds of issues and several for low power, although it helped a bit, this model was lazy. 

Drive it like you stole it.

V

(Rephrase) There were several software updates that were released to TRY and correct all kinds of issues and several for low power!

The short of it,  have it re-programmed to the 370hp setting it has more torque. Get an e7 exhaust manifold, a s400 turbo, and then the 427/460 injectors it will wake right up.  I have a thread on the 370 and mack tech has 1 on the 460, same principles as both. I'm to computer illiterate to know how to link them. 

• Like 1

You are only going to get 5k good hours out of a set of injectors.  At 5500 hours I was down 3-4psi of boost, and now at 6400 I'm down 8-10psi.  Got a new set ordered and waiting for delivery.  If you search for those threads we have really good vendors to buy from listed as well.