Diff lock stuck engaged

Hi guys I have a 2016 pinnacle with Mack axles the diff lock on the front axle keeps engaging on its own and I can’t get it to turn off? On the front axle on the drivers side at the bottom theirs a plate with 3 bolts and an air fitting going through it is that the diff lock? Can I undo those 3 bolts and pull it out?

The light on the dash comes on and when you hit about mph the interaxle engaged message pops up on the message display screen. I popped the air line off the diff lock and sprayed some pb blaster and smacked the housing around it and the light has gone out and no problems since but I’d like to fix it right I’m sure this issue is going to come back again 

the message pops up as a safety reminder when you reach a certain speed. I would check the air solenoid that controls the function, I had several problems with the solenoids. They are all mounted together along the frame. I believe any "air" actuated switch is really electronic, and activates whichever solenoid it needs

To figure is the diff is currently locked or free I mean physically not judging by the indicating light you need to jack up one of the wheels of the axle and try spinning the wheel by hand. If the diff is free the wheel would turn forcing the prop shaft turning together with it. The tranny must be in neutral though. If the diff is locked the wheel would be locked to the other side wheel and as long as the latter touches the ground and can't spin the whell you check wouldn't go either. The problem is you need the parking brake loose on the tested wheel. So there's a need to loose the slack adjuster on the checked wheel or release the truck's brake having chocks put all over the rest of.

Actually it's important thing to investigate the diff lock operation physically. Because in theory when you see the light on it doesn't really mean the lock is in. And if you don't see the light it also doesn't mean the diff is free. The light switches on by a push switch in the axle. And if you for example have a wire broken the light wouldn't glow.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012