loaded to ride

carlotpilot

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Brocky said:

I have reached my picture posting limit.. So I now have to use Postimage to post pictures here.. It is a free website.. Be sure to click on thumbnails for forums and then the blue box on the right hand end.

https://postimages.org/

I reached that same issue at a certain time in the past. After I figured what happened I made some clean up and being Ok since. If you open your profile you can see My Attachments folder. There are all images and video you ever uploaded on the site with their size and a name of the thread they were posted in. Usually they listed by the time posted but there are othe sort options including the size. I checked what I had of heavy files and found a lot of old pics I loaded in the past in their original size. 2-3Kb and so. I than opened those old threads and edited my posts. Just deleted a few old and not really interesting images but didn't want to butcher many old discussions especially with many likes to the pictures posted. So I found those files in my computer, resized them and uploaded in place of big old pics which I deleted at the same time. Took me 2 or 3 evenings to tinker and I freed very sufficient amount of uploading space. From my observation a picture of nearly 100kb looks quite good on a screen. So not much need uploading heavier files.

Many folks would think to themselves that's a kind of extremely routine job and I was not an excemption. But after I started I found it very interesting since you open very old posts which move you back in time and bring memories.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

6 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I tried doing that type of thing Vlad but the internet can be extremely  slow and the whole process became bogged down so the Postimage account works well for me now

Paul

Paul, any outsourcing is one more weak link. So as closer you put as more chances you would grab it back.

Easy fix for the uploading space is opening My Attachments (sorry to drill that same hole once again) and click Sort by file size. Too probably you will see a few large attachments you made many years ago paying no attention to the size since it didn't matter at that time. Deleting just 2 or 3 of 1Mb files would already allow you to upload 30-40 pics resized to 70-100Kb. So you will be Ok for no less that a few weeks posting. Deleting files from threads doesn't take time and uploading tiny images takes a little. An issue could be if you don't have an image in your computer so have to first download it from the forum. That would take some time indeed. But on the other hand it's a good deal since if you found you lost some picture you download it back from the site.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 2 weeks later...