Are these 2 issues related?

On 7/6/2021 at 7:31 PM, Joey Mack said:

Ok, I forgot that I had some bulbs.. Forget #68,, i think those were for the strip that has the turn signals and low air and such, like in an MR or LE...  I believe the bulb pics I sent are correct. Just look to see if these bulbs are in the circuit board... Jojo

KIMG0580.JPG

KIMG0581.JPG

There is a working mans hands.

glenn akers

Thanks Glenn,, Hell I already had my shower.  guess I need better soap,😄  Do you remember the bulb type? jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
Poor spelling

My wife tells everybody the grease under my finger nails makes the dinner rolls taste so good.

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

3 hours ago, theakerstwo said:

Rob i think they tell us that but they should say we like the money those hands has made me.

Oh man, if they only knew.....

I've been stuck making the dinner rolls at family gatherings for damned near 40 years now and all because I didn't use a straight slot screwdriver to clean my nails before diving into the dough.....

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Glenn, you read my mind.  I was going to say, "that is the color of money"   not that I am wealthy.... Just the truth... :)  ...  so this dash light issue is odd to me,,,  mabey the circuit board is bad???  I don't like these kind of repairs, to much guessing..  

Just for kicks, i'd like to have the circuit board and trace the inlay's to see where they lead, and then put 12 volts to it and a ground.. just use a lawn mower battery, and see if I can find the issue...

On 7/9/2021 at 7:51 PM, Joey Mack said:

Did you check the grounds inside the dash?  I may have asked this before, sorry ,I forgot. Jojo

I have not yet, I’m trying to avoid removing it but know that I have to if I want to figure out the issue. 

On 7/9/2021 at 8:05 PM, Onyx610 said:

This as well…I’m not to familiar with this model truck, so my input will be limited in some areas. Also was the “click” mechanical sounding or like an electrical arc click?

It sounded like a mechanical click, but the gauge lights and headlights and marker lights are all on the same switch so I’d think if it’s a relay none would he working 

23 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Glenn, you read my mind.  I was going to say, "that is the color of money"   not that I am wealthy.... Just the truth... :)  ...  so this dash light issue is odd to me,,,  mabey the circuit board is bad???  I don't like these kind of repairs, to much guessing..  

I don’t like the guessing, but it is an odd issue. So I just went out to the truck to try to mess with it and see if the lights will come on. Nothing, flight on the ign and batt feed switches on and off, and when I turn on my lights the gauge lights are working now. Not sure what the deal is with those switches. After doing that I noticed 2 things. My tach flickers a bit. And my volts flicker when I turn the headlights on. But Atleast it appears the lights are coming on? 
Also my gauges are all fogging up now, not sure what’s causing that lol.

Edited by Dmurph2016

22 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

Actually you are probably correct on the circuit board…yea electrical and diagnosing over the internet is a bad combo. 

Yeah over the internet diagnostics is next to impossible, but I do appreciate any help you guys give. 

22 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Just for kicks, i'd like to have the circuit board and trace the inlay's to see where they lead, and then put 12 volts to it and a ground.. just use a lawn mower battery, and see if I can find the issue...

Starting to think maybe the circuit board could be the culprit.

the dash grounds are easy to see. pull the cluster and look to the left, there is a 6mm bolt with grounds attached. clean the connection, then to the right of the fuse panel there is another one, then on the left side of the engine block , in front of the starter is a big bolt with grounds that go it and across to the frame behind the steer tire, theres also a ground breaker on the firewall next to the starter relay...  Now if the gauges are fogging up, how did water get in?   are the sunvisor nutserts loose and letting rain inside?

• Like 1

Is that condensation on the inside or outside of the gauges? I see the rain droplets on the windshield. If it’s on the inside you may have found your issue…or where to really start looking anyway. 

17 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

the dash grounds are easy to see. pull the cluster and look to the left, there is a 6mm bolt with grounds attached. clean the connection, then to the right of the fuse panel there is another one, then on the left side of the engine block , in front of the starter is a big bolt with grounds that go it and across to the frame behind the steer tire, theres also a ground breaker on the firewall next to the starter relay...  Now if the gauges are fogging up, how did water get in?   are the sunvisor nutserts loose and letting rain inside?

I just had the windshield replaced on that side, but the gauges were starting to fog up ever so slightly when it was super humid here the week before. Headliner is dry. So I am not sure where water could be getting in. I’ll have to check the grounds as well as the sunvisor bolts 

17 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

Is that condensation on the inside or outside of the gauges? I see the rain droplets on the windshield. If it’s on the inside you may have found your issue…or where to really start looking anyway. 

The condensation is on the inside of the gauges, tried whiping the gauges but it wouldn’t go away so it would appear to be the inside. I just had that side windshield replaced. But the headliner is dry. I don’t see the water coming in anywhere. Kinda hard to tell in the pics but looks like there is some wetness in the areas 

8723E187-BB96-4CE4-926B-CF728673FCCE.jpeg

BF6D3B15-40F3-4B91-B5EC-D0D2B7C7E4A2.jpeg

9E3A5C02-8372-407D-A3CB-B70EBBCBD0F2.jpeg

Edited by Dmurph2016

It's not rotted around the roof vent , is it ?  Sometimes on those if you remove the plastic out on the cowl where the wiper arms are connected to their posts  you get a big surprise and discover lots of the cowl itself is missing from rust. You need to find out where the water's coming in and stop it, no matter. It may have a lot to do with the light issue

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

Especially living in the North East…😕

Yup, living in the north sucks, would like to relocate to the Carolinas but who knows if that’ll ever happen. 

5 hours ago, Mark T said:

It's not rotted around the roof vent , is it ?  Sometimes on those if you remove the plastic out on the cowl where the wiper arms are connected to their posts  you get a big surprise and discover lots of the cowl itself is missing from rust. You need to find out where the water's coming in and stop it, no matter. It may have a lot to do with the light issue

I’ll have the check the roof vent, didn’t even know there was one. 
when they were replacing the glass they didn’t say anything. I know they took the wiper arm off, but not sure on the cowl. But wouldn’t hbe surprised if they didn’t say anything and just put the glass in. It certainly looks like the windshield is leaking in a few spots as I can see traces of water, so I’ll have to call them back out to see what they can do. Looks like there may be a small leak in the corner of the glass and it could be possibly dripping down along the cluster and onto the floor. Have to watch it when it rains again amd see where the water lands and try tracing it 

Edited by Dmurph2016

since its a CL.... there are 5 roof lights, 3 holes each, an air horn or 2 with airline hole and mount bolt holes, 1 factory antenna, 5 pairs of sun visor nutserts, and windshield seals. several places for rain to get in...  Just my 2 cents.... Jojo