Winter fun

RowdyRebel

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo forgot to mention best part of chaining up,,,sometimes we have to do it at boca dam,,,,coldest part of entire pass.6 degrees with wind  blowing snow all over you,,,gotta work fast to keep from freezing to death the the wierdest part,,,is the truckee scales have you run right across the scale with all the chains on,,,that really surprizes me:idunno:,,,i would think they would either bypass you to the empty lane or close it...bob

Pair of singles. Worst part was the farm hand (with the side-by-side) trying to "help"...told him several times "I got this...just stay back and let me do my job." It'd work for about 5 seconds before he'd be right back in there grabbing & tugging on the chains as I was trying to get them on the tires. Took 10 times as long as it should have.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

9 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Pretty good logic I couldn’t figure out you think they would be worried about you damaging their scale.... bob

DOT does not use logic in anything they do. 

like scaling a triaxle snow plow with salter on the back working for the state. 

in a snow and ice storm.

been there, got the "prize"

• Confused 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

53 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

DOT does not use logic in anything they do. 

like scaling a triaxle snow plow with salter on the back working for the state. 

in a snow and ice storm.

been there, got the "prize"

Ooooooooooooooo my god that’s ridiculous,,,,, I would have thought pass on thru

I graduated to a run where I don’t hit any scales and very little chain up 522 a night and 620 if I have to take a snow route single driver tractor with two trailers not allowed over 395 with a chain control we have to go 98 mild around.... bob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

Ooooooooooooooo my god that’s ridiculous,,,,, I would have thought pass on thru

this was many years ago. that scale has since been eliminated because they finished the "superslab" and all trucks stopped using that highway. .

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

3 hours ago, Brocky said:

It was always a toss up as to which was worse: Banning or Truckee!!! Been retired 10 years now, but the last 5 years driving I had to cross Banning regularly. Got inspected once but nothing serious..

Actually middle 80s they were pretty rough... bob

6 hours ago, mowerman said:

Retired 10 years I am afraid I’m a little jealous but I am almost there ha ha God love you.... bob

Me too Bob, I've decided that I'm not going to be doing this much longer myself. And Zina from Gladys has said several times that she wishes I'd retire.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 2/22/2021 at 6:57 AM, RowdyRebel said:

Pair of singles. Worst part was the farm hand (with the side-by-side) trying to "help"...told him several times "I got this...just stay back and let me do my job." It'd work for about 5 seconds before he'd be right back in there grabbing & tugging on the chains as I was trying to get them on the tires. Took 10 times as long as it should have.

don`t ya just love it when someone who does`nt have a clue insists on helping 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 3:05 PM, other dog said:

Me too Bob, I've decided that I'm not going to be doing this much longer myself. And Zina from Gladys has said several times that she wishes I'd retire.

Yes I was going to go till I was 68 now we’re planning on 66 1/2 I’m done ha ha I might stick around Fedex work the dock in the yard hostler  a little while longer not sure depends on finances ... bob

Spend allota time on two lane windy roads .middle of the night too many stupid people now ..truck drivers are all gone nothing but wet kids all in a hurry even sightseers all in a big rush whole family in the car passing on double yellow???? Really????.. wife talked me into it says you need to get off that..... I am all for it yaaaaaaaaaahooooooo..... bob

I tend to stick to those 2-lane windy roads whenever possible, especially when the weather turns ugly. Too much stupid on the interstates...whether it's the 15 mph white knuckler or the 90 mph superhero...all leading to the inevitable pileups we see in the news every time the snow flies. Get caught behind one, you've got nowhere to go...just sit there hoping traffic behind you decides to stop...waiting until it's cleared so you can get going again. At least a 2-lane you can usually find a place to turn around, other routes you can take...side roads around, etc...

Hell, even those 2-lane roads are too "improved" for my tastes...give me a gravel  road through the hills, or a dirt path through a cow pasture any day.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!