400 AI question.

trucking251

You mentioned that it is leaking oil out of that hose. That would suggest that the air compressor has failed. Drain the air tanks and see if there is oil coming out of them. Also check the purge valve on the air drier for excessive amounts of oil. 

Thanks for the pic.

V

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vmac3 said:

That hose is a quick fix. If its blue in color then more than likely it is original.

V

Yup agree ! also there is a second hose like that one on the under side of the inlet manifold! check on that too!Your best to use a heavily braided coolant hose OR the proper Blue heavily braided hose from mack land!

• Like 1

If you are asking me..... what I mean is the output of the turbo is called the compressor side, in some terms... I also think his air comp. intake goes around the back of the head to the bottom of the rear of the intake manifold.  i didnt see where it went to the elbow after the air filter...  thank you, jojo

The hose with the hole in it, is the intake, the larger steel pipe is the output.  the 2 #6 J.I.C. hoses is coolant flow , in-and-out, the 1/4" line is the signal line for the governor...