1951 Mack A40 Ideas for rebuild

When the rubber meets the road!  The pic of the front rubber looks a little snug.

Power assist could be an option or with a little recon work you might be able to find a power box out of a newer medium duty truck to retrofit.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

5 hours ago, j hancock said:

When the rubber meets the road!  The pic of the front rubber looks a little snug.

Power assist could be an option or with a little recon work you might be able to find a power box out of a newer medium duty truck to retrofit.

It would be tight, but the truck would come up quite a bit as it has small fronts 9.00 20s.  I think some matching rims and 11 or 12 r22.5 should do the trick just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Sent off for my Wisconsin Title and Collector Plate.  It limits the load I can carry, no operation in January, but not really an issue for me.  As I understand, I can still pull a trailer... which is the bulk of what I would be doing for a parade float, etc.  

A very conscious decision was made on this truck to take it small task at a time and keep it operational.  We will slowly take care of little items, and share photos along the way.  I am going to treat it as never ending tinkering... otherwise I will get anxious and want to do more than I should.

• Like 1

The Wisconsin title and lifetime registration (for as long as I own it) came today.  The License plates are mailed separately, but should be here next week.  My daughter is excited to take a ride, so far only my son has ridden in it when we picked it up.  

Can’t wait to get it in the car wash and clean the hubs and undercarriage up a bit.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Scottyairborne said:

For purists I apologize, but the switch to radials on the front improved as much as the single drive radials.  A much improved ride

Lovers are gunna love and haters are gunna hate 

I wouldn't care either way, as long as your happy thats all that matters 

And tubeless are so much more reliable, dunno about ride but you will get at least 100 times less punctures than tube tyres

Enjoy the ride 

Paul

• Like 1
  • Like 1