LTL trunion bracket needed!

mackaholic

10 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

3D printer ?

Stupid question, do they make 3D printers that use metals or are they all just plastics?  If they are just plastic is it strong enough to use as a bracket?  I’m not doubting your answer KS I’m just curious. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

1 minute ago, HeavyGunner said:

Stupid question, do they make 3D printers that use metals or are they all just plastics?  If they are just plastic is it strong enough to use as a bracket?  I’m not doubting your answer KS I’m just curious. 

Yes, There are 3D metal printers, they cost about $1.5M to start plus inert gases and climate controls. Parts are for Aerospace and no one could afford this part printed in a 3D metal printer! Nice thought though.

Take some time but can be made out of billet aluminum if that is the only way to get one. That bracket must be for the LTL not the LTH being aluminum.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

Around 3:00....

Another..........

From 14:10..........

The only company I know of that really uses metal 3D printers is SpaceX. To give you an idea on cost of something like this and how they can afford it, each launch costs atleast $60 million and they’re one of the few companies that lands and reuses the rocket boosters... there’s actually a launch scheduled for tonight at 11:50PM EST for anyone interested, with a planned landing back at the space center:

Most other aerospace companies use 3D metal printing for prototyping and making castings of components.

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice show of $60 million flying away:) Sure just kidding. Progress is worthless to our life.

As for the bracket some L-models (not LT) had that part of the similar shape but made of steel (or cast iron?) So if no principal preference for an alu part that's a quite cheap way to go.

DSC00954-001.jpg

Edited by Vladislav

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Thanks Vlad,

I have a couple in steel that I will be using if I can't find an aluminum piece. The are actually under an LTL now. Not sure if they are original or got swapped after the original ones broke. Just because the truck is an LTL and the aluminum parts were available doesn't mean Mack put them in. 

• Like 1